Registered Nurse (RN) Manager - Surgical Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00187-4729
VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER BROWNSVILLE, TX
NURSE MANAGER (RN) SURGICAL SERVICES
Founded as Valley Community Hospital in 1975, VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER proudly serves Brownsville and the surrounding communities. Valley Regional is committed to providing the best health care for the residents in the Rio Grande Valley.
VALLEY REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is a 214 Licensed Bed Facility with over 200 physicians representing over 25 specialties; Valley Regional Medical Center is a leader in a vast array of high quality inpatient and outpatient programs and services, including:
* 24 Hour Level III Trauma Emergency Department
* Open Heart Surgery
* Women s Services
* Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
* Wound Care Center
VALLEY REGIONAL is currently looking for a NURSE MANAGER (RN) SURGICAL SERVICES.
* Monitors and manages unit costs, and safely and thoroughly develops effective schedules (Facility Scheduler and payroll management).
* Effectively leads staff, in collaboration with the department director, through application of: Departmental, Divisional and Human Resource policies and procedures; manages and monitors significant changes reflected in PLUS; monitors Quality Data.
* Manages strategies to obtain and maintain patient satisfaction goals.
* Facilitates the use of patient safety tools within the organization.
* Supervises personnel performance. Identifies staff development needs and provides plan to improve deficiencies or advance the level of practice, through either further orientation and/or education. Counsels/evaluates direct reports as delegated by the Director of Surgical Services.
* Promotes a positive image of Surgical Services/Valley Regional Medical Center in all interactions and presents a positive role model to those he/she supervises.
* Conducts Interdisciplinary case conferences on a regular/as needed basis.
* Makes daily patient, employee and physician rounds, demonstrating a commitment to customer satisfaction and an attitude that values customers, both internal and external.
* Collects quality data and formulates/implements action plan to improve quality of services.
* Maintains professional accountability: demonstrates unit specific competencies/skills, maintains nursing licensure/certifications, collaborates with other health care providers, participates in in-service education, participates in hospital committees, pursues advanced educational opportunities, and participates in nursing research projects.
* Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing. BSN Preferred.
* Current TX RN licensure or compact State License.
* American Heart Association (Health Care Provider) BLS required.
* Two years clinical experience in specialty area required.
* AORN preferred.
Last Edited: 08/23/2016