Registered Nurse - RN - Med/Surg
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSt. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
* The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
* 567 associates, 65 medical staff
* 98 beds (56 are staffed)
Services & Expertise:
* 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
* Cardiac Services
* Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
* Oncology Services
* Orthopedic Center of Excellence
* Womens & Children Services
* St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Provides professional nursing care to patients by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrates competency the calculation and adjustment of IV infusion flow rate, including monitoring and discontinuing infusion
* Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the Alaris IV Pumps.
* Observe and report subjective and objective signs of adverse reactions to any IV administration and initiate appropriate nursing interventions,
* Demonstrates competency in draw blood fro a central line
* Demonstrates competency in the monitoring of access site and perform site care and maintenance
* Demonstrates competency in the monitoring of infusion equipment
* Change administration set, including add-on device and tubing Demonstrates competency in the performing of intermittent flushes for line patency.
* Demonstrates competency in the conversion of a continuous infusion to an intermittent infusion,
* Demonstrates competency of insertion or remove a peripheral venous, removal of central or midline catheters and accessing and de-accessing of a portacath.
* Demonstrates competency in the initiation and administer IV medications and fluids.
* Demonstrates competency in the administration of medications via push or bolus
* Demonstrates competency in the administration, monitoring and discontinuation of parenteral nutrition, fat emulsion solutions.
* Demonstrates competency in administration and discontinuation of blood, blood components, or plasma volume expanders
* Demonstrates competency in the administration of insulin drip.
* Demonstrates the proficiency in the administration of IV medications per a PCA pump.
* Demonstrates competency in the administration of chemo. (this is high risk)
* Demonstrated proficiency in the administration of pediatric medications (this is high risk)
* Demonstrates ability to assess/reassess nursing care needs by age group.
* Develops age appropriate plan of care in collaboration with patient, family and health care team
* Carries out the nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care).
* Demonstrates operational knowledge of equipment.
* Accurately documents in a timely manner all components of the nursing process.
* Ability to access, manage and update patient medical records through Hospital Electronic Medical Record Information System.
* Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding and allay apprehension.
* Demonstrates proficiency in administration of medication and treatments following all regulatory requirements.
* Aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient
* Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
* Reports pertinent observations and patient reactions as specific to age to the appropriate person in a timely manner
* Accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care rendered.
* Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
* Demonstrates competent nursing clinical skills and knowledge when performing, teaching, and supervising nursing procedures.
* Establishes priorities in planning and organizing patient care based on nursing assessment and patient/family needs in collaboration with health care team.
* Implements nursing care interventions based on patient/family needs and circumstantial/procedural complexities.
* Demonstrates skill in supervision and delegation of patient care activities.
* Carries out nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of patient care).
* Completes routine monitoring of patients to detect derivation from normal and accepts responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care rendered.
* Identifies and responds to life threatening situations.
* Is knowledgeable of and follows National Patient Safety Goals while providing care. Effectively acknowledges, coordinates and implements diagnostic and therapeutic orders
* Provides age appropriate teaching to patients and family and members of the healthcare team.
* Demonstrates proficiency in selection, application and monitoring of patient restraints, utilizing least restrictive method
* Demonstrates proficiency in application of modalities to alleviate pain.
* Demonstrates proficiency in epidural catheter management and symptom control.
* Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
* Participates in facility Quality Improvement/ORP Program
* Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
* Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
* Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
* Accurately and timely documents all components of the nursing process as outlined by Regulatory bodies.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze, interpret periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, or regulatory agencies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* ASN degree from an accredited program required upon date of hire
* B.S.N. Degree from an accredited program required within 36 months of hire
Upon hire, any nurse with only an ASN degree must become enrolled in a BSN program within three (3) months and must be consistently working toward a BSN degree after enrollment. All ASN nurses must complete a BSN degree within thirty-six (36) months from the nurse's date of hire. Failure to obtain a BSN degree within that time frame may result in suspension or termination of employment. Any nurse who takes legally protected leave during the 36-month completion period may have the period extended by a comparable amount of time.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Current Montana RN License
* Current BLS required upon hire
* PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire.
* ACLS within 6 months of hire.
* Pediatric experience preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute