Registered Nurse (RN) - Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU) - PRN; 7P-7A; Night Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Manages critically ill neonates. Maintains care relative to each patient s age, development, prescribed treatment and other identified needs. Practice is under the general supervision of the NICU Director and Medical Director. Is required to assess the high risk infants in conjunction with the MD to establish and deliver patient care for the level II and level III neonate.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for tracking and evaluating patient physical assessment and laboratory parameters.
* Manages patient care through evaluation, action and decision to minimize patient compromise, using highly technical equipment and monitoring devices; arterial and venous lines, ventilators, central lines.
* Maintains readiness of emergency equipment and supplies in the NICU, stabilization area, and neonatal transport unit.
* Attends high risk deliveries, cesarean sections and transports both in house and out of house. During this time provides airway management, monitoring vital signs, and administration of prescribed medications and IV fluids for the compromised neonate.
* Documents assessment, treatments, lab, and progress in relation to daily goals in the patient s record.
* Maintains knowledge of current trends and techniques in the field by reading appropriate journals, books and other literature and attending seminars, conferences and the like.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is a 44 bed Level II & III NICU. 36 of the beds are located on the first floor of the Women's Building a 8 (level II only) are located on the third floor of the Women's building. Each bedside is equipped with a cardio respiratory monitor, invasive blood pressure monitor (optional), pulse oximeter (optional), incubator, radiant warmer or open crib, wall suction, oxygen, and a resuscitation bag and mask.
Two years experience in NICU.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
* Current NRP certification required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: PRN Position
Work Schedule: Rotating Schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled