Registered Nurse (RN) Progressive Care Unit - part time nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 09726-43514
Nights (rotating weekends)
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER INDEPENDENCE, MO
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) PROGRESSIVE CARE UNIT (PCU) - PART TIME NIGHTS
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
CENTERPOINT MEDICAL CENTER features the following:
* Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Service
* An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
* Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
* An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
* Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
* Women s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
* Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
* Ask about our $5,000 sign on bonus for RN PCU experience. MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 YEAR OF RECENT RN PCU, ICU OR TELEMETRY EXPERIENCE TO QUALIFY FOR THE SIGN ON BONUS. CURRENT HCA EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE SIGN ON BONUS. THE CANDIDATE MUST SIGN A 2 YEAR WORK COMMITMENT TO QUALIFY FOR THE SIGN ON BONUS.
* The registered nurse coordinates and provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the PCU patient.
* Nursing care is provided in accordance with the hospital and departmental policies and procedures, and supports the mission of the hospital.
* The registered nurse in this department provides care for ages 16 and over, young adult patients 18-39 years, adult patients age 40-64 years, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
* Patients under the age of 16 will be cared for until stable enough for transfer.
* The registered nurse on the PCU Unit will, in addition to basic preparation, acquire advanced knowledge in the psychosocial, spiritual, pathophysiological, and therapeutic components specific to the care of the patients requiring step-down care and cardiac monitoring.
* This is a part time night position.
* Graduation from a school of nursing with either a Diploma, ADN or BSN
* Must hold a current license from the Missouri State Board of Nursing
* BLS certification upon hire
* ACLS certification with 6 months 1 year.
Last Edited: 09/23/2016