Registered Nurse - RN - Telemetry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Grand Junction, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSt. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
FAST FACTS ABOUT ST. MARY\'S AND GRAND JUNCTION
* Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
* Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
* 300 days of sunshine
* Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
* Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
* Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
* A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
* The heart of Colorado's wine country
* Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
* Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
* 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
* 346 beds (310 are staffed)
SERVICES & EXPERTISE
* Cardiac & Vascular Services
* Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
* Emergency Services
* Family Medicine Residency
* Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
* Neonatal Intensive Care
* Orthopedics & Spine Center
* Primary Stroke Center
* Regional Blood Center
* Regional Cancer Center
* Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
* Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
* Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patients medical status upon admission and throughout the patients course of treatment.
* Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
* Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
* Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
* Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
* Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
* Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
* Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
* Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
* Perform other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* Associate's degree in nursing, required
* Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
* Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred