Registered Nurse (RN) - Transitional Care Unit (TCU); 7A -7P; Part time; Day Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Assess and provides care for patients ages 18 through the older adult population, according to physician orders and the plan of care.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide quality care for patients recovering from medical and surgical conditions. Assess for rehabilitative potential and collaborate with appropriate therapeutic modality.
* Monitors PAIN through assessment, appropriate and timely medication, followed by clear and concise documentation.
* Coordinates the multidisciplinary care of patients, and participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Contributes information specific to the patient s response to education, medication therapy, pain control, skin condition, bowel/bladder training, and discharge planning.
* Provides education for the medical and surgical conditions of each patient, as well as safe and effective use of medical equipment, proper body mechanics, mobility, transfer, ADL s, and home safety.
* Provides care and education congruent with age related needs for patients ages 18 through older adult populations with specific rehabilitation and/or medical needs.
* Serves as patient advocate collaborating with the Social Worker and Physicians for the patient s needs related to re-entry into the community.
* Is proficient with Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS) Regulatory Survey process.
SCOPE OF CARE:
The Transitional Care Unit is a 18 bed unit designed to treat male and female patients who have met written admission criteria for skilled nursing services. TCU uses an interdisciplinary team approach which includes the admitting Physician, Nurse, Physical/Occupational/SLP Therapists, Social Worker, Activity Coordinator, PPS Coordinator & Dietitian.
One year experience in transitional care and skilled nursing.
* Current RN permit or licensure issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas to practice professional nursing.
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider certification required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completion of an accredited school of nursing program resulting in an Associate Degree, Diploma or Baccalaureate degree in nursing.
* Technical, clerical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to total patient care/area in order to safely and efficiently treat patients.
* Good verbal and written communication skills necessary in order to be clearly and easily understood by patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Writes/prints legibly in order to document accurately and understandably, and to provide direction to support staff and others.
* Demonstrates a pleasant, helpful and caring demeanor in order to be an effective patient advocate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Employee Status: Part Time Benefit Eligible 30-35 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled