Registered Nurse Sepsis Coordinator / Core Measures Full Time Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Fort Pierce, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00102-6532
* TITLE: SEPSIS COORDINATOR/CORE MEASURE ABSTRACTOR
Demonstrates a high level of clinical competence that creates an environment of clinical excellence resulting in improved individual and group clinical outcomes. Facilitates individualized, evidence-based, highly effective care to patients and families through coordination/collaboration of the entire healthcare team. Collects and analyzes data surrounding the sepsis patient to assist with documentation, coding, clinical care and outcomes. Through role modeling, coaching and demonstration, fosters learning for the staff and promotes outcomes-oriented nursing practice.
* Maintains clinical competence.
* Coordinates process for facility s sepsis program.
* Serves as a role model, consultant and clinical resource to medical, nursing staff, and other health care providers to promote health and reduce illness for specified groups of patients.
* Makes patient rounds daily to integrate essential information in order to prioritize and provide care that maximizes outcomes.
* Evaluates currently used as well as new products and makes appropriate recommendations to enhance patient care.
* Promotes efficiency and economy in the use of equipment, materials and supplies.
* Maintains open lines of communication with physicians, nursing, case managers and other healthcare professionals regarding patient/family needs and identifies areas of improvement throughout the hospitalization.
* Assists in the development of policies, procedures, standards, clinical pathways, order sets, and other resource material.
* Assists in the development, implementation and assessment of quality improvement activities.
* Assists with formal and informal educational activities for nursing staff, based on assessed needs of the staff, new policies and procedures and quality improvement issues to improve patient care.
* Provides educational activities utilizing varied adult teaching-learning principles for specific patient population and their families.
* Collaborates with and/or serves as consultant as it pertains to the education of nurses on program development and assists with the evaluation of the program, as well as revises when necessary.
* Works collaboratively with Director and Nursing Management Team to identify nursing competency assessment needs.
* Coordinates and leads patient care conferences in order to guide clinical team.
* Participates in the development of individualized plan of care with the appropriate healthcare providers to progress the patient through the hospital process to the time of discharge.
* Participates in the selection and preparation of educational materials for nursing staff and patient and/or families as it pertains to the care of specific patient populations.
* Attends selected meetings as appropriate.
* Assumes responsibility for own professional growth as evidenced by involvement in professional nursing organizations and attendance at related seminars.
* Establishes effective working relationships with staff, physicians, administrators and other departmental professionals on an ongoing basis.
* Assumes all other responsibilities as identified by the VPQ.
* Rounds with identified physicians as necessary.
* Consults with patient/family members/staff regarding discharge plans on a daily or as needed basis.
* Works collaboratively with Case Manager and physicians regarding patient s discharge plans and any pending issues that may delay the process.
* Documents patient care findings and interventions.
* Reviews charts, identifies and evaluates quality of care, infection control and safety and risk management concerns. Forwards findings to personnel responsible for specific concern.
Graduate of an RN program with Florida RN Licensure
Three (3) years experience in acute hospital setting preferred.
Previous experience with Core Measures/Critical Care preferred.
Working knowledge of quality improvement/hospital regulatory standards preferred
Working knowledge of computer systems.
Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
Possess ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision and capacity for planning, organization, and a strong aptitude for teaching
Demonstrates effective leadership, teaching and clinical skills. Role model in critical thinking, assessment skills and evidenced based nursing care. Excellent human relations and verbal/written communication skills. Knowledge of adult learning principles. Serves as role model and resource for nursing staff and other mid-level providers. Use of technology and resource management
Posses the ability to communicate effectively with the Medical Staff
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/14/2016