Registered Nurse-Yawkey Building-Mother Baby-36 hours Nights with rotating weekends (SEIU)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OPPORTUNITY
REGISTERED NURSE-YAWKEY BUILDING-MOTHER BABY-36 HOURS NIGHTS WITH ROTATING WEEKENDS (SEIU)
JOB ID 2322315 DATE POSTED 06/04/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Registered Nurse Mother Baby 36 Hours Nights with every third Weekend Experienced Mother Baby RN for a high risk maternal newborn population, couplet care, Baby Friendly. In accordance with the American Nurses Association s Standards of Clinical Nursing Practice, the registered nurse, under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager, is primarily responsible for professional performance and direct patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients and their families across the health care continuum. The registered nurse is accountable for clinical, educational, quality and fiscal patient care outcomes using the model of care designed by the nursing department and in accordance with established agency policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines and standards of practice. Reports to the unit nurse manager.
* Licensed to practice professional nursing as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, BSN preferred
* NRP, BLS certifications required
* 6 Month recent Mother Baby experience required
* Prior Nursery experience required
* Commitment to becoming Certified in Maternal Newborn Nursing or obtaining a Certification as a Lactation Counselor or IBCLC within one year of hire required.
* Experience in working with a high risk population and neonatal abstinence syndrome strongly preferred
* Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
* Effective interpersonal skills to facilitate communication with various members of the health care team, patients, and families.
* Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned work.
* Second Language (beyond that of English) preferred.
* Ability to effectively delegate appropriate patient care activities