Registered Nurse- 2nd shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Highlands Behavioral Health
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Highlands Behavioral Health System is an 86 bed
freestanding behavioral health hospital offering
psychiatric care for adults, children age (11) and
adolescents. Centrally located in Littleton, the
facility is easily accessible to families throughout the
Front Range and just minutes from surrounding
We currently have an openings for a RN-Evening shift
both full-time and part-time, 3:00 pm-11:30 pm. All
positions are eligible for benefits after 30 days! New
grad's and ADN's are welcome!!!
The Registered Nurse provides safe and effective nursing
care in the assigned area(s) in a manner consistent with
the philosophy and objectives of the Hospital and within
the framework of established policies and procedures of
the Department of Nursing Services. As a key team member
in the clinical area, the Registered Nurse promote a
climate of effective performance and learning through
role modeling, willingness to learn and teach, and
availability to patients and staff. The Registered Nurse
organizes, manages and coordinates unit nursing services
on assigned shift as delegated by Nursing
Some responsibilities include:
1. Demonstrates leadership in organizing the delivery of
patient care in an acute psychiatric setting for
patients experiencing a wide rage of psychiatric
2. Provides continuous nursing care for patients
utilizing the nursing process within the scope of
3. Executes nursing procedures according to policy after
4. Assists Charge Nurse.
5. Interacts with and assists in teaching patients.
6. Functions as a therapeutic leader/member in planning
and working with patient groups.
7. Serves as a clinical resource person for staff
members in their daily activities.
8. Documents pertinent information accurately, timely
9. Functions as a medication nurse when assigned.
10. Promotes safety by attending mandatory in-services
and complies with all safety measures initiated by the
11. Promotes a positive working environment by
demonstrating respect and tolerance for age, gender,
race and choice of lifestyle.
12. Assumes responsibility for professional development
and ongoing education.
13. Demonstrate required attendance and reliability
14. Maintain a professional appearance and attitude at
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the
nation's largest and most respected health care
management companies, operating through its subsidiaries
acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and
ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS
subsidiaries now have more than 65,000 employees. The
UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health
care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a
strong franchise based on exceptional service and
effective cost control. Our success comes from a
responsive management style and a service philosophy
based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Current licensure as a Registered Nurse through the
State of Colorado Board of Registered Nursing. Graduate
of an accredited School of Nursing or baccalaureate
program. Clinical experience in psychiatric setting
preferred. We seek applicants that have the ability to
communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership ability,
and must have an interest in professional and managerial
1. Must be able to perform concentrated and/or complex
mental activity with frequent involvement in complex
and/or highly technical siutations
2. Must be able to work successfully under highly
3. Must be able to comprehend and perform oral and
written instructions and procedures
Highlands Behavioral Health System offers evening, night
and weekend shift differential, an excellent time off
plan, medical, dental, vision, employee assistance
program, life and long term disability benefits and
401(k) plan for full time and part time employees.