Registered Nurse (per diem) - Topaz (Escondido) 8/27/2016
The Elizabeth Hospice Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Since 1978, The Elizabeth Hospice has been at the forefront of providing hospice and palliative care, end-of-life home care and counseling in San Diego County. The Elizabeth Hospice is the oldest and largest nonprofit hospice and palliative care provider in the region, serving children and adults, and their families, impacted by illness, grief and loss, throughout communities within San Diego and the Inland Empire. In our 37-year history, we are honored to have earned the community s trust as the respected hospice and palliative care leader in the region.
Primarily responsible for providing professional nursing care to assigned patients. With input from the IDT (interdisciplinary team), patient and family, assesses, develops, implements and evaluates the plan of care. Ensures appropriate communication and plan of care coordination to all internal/external customers. Responsible for carrying out the mission, vision, values and
commitment to quality of The Elizabeth Hospice.
Work hours: 8:00am-5:00pm *Note: A mix of weekday and weekend shifts.
Weekend commitment: At least 2 weekend shifts per month.
On Call requirements: 2-3 shifts per month.
* Must have Associates Degree, Bachelor Degree preferred.
* At least 12 months experience with 1-2 years preferred in acute care.
* Current CA RN license.
* Current CA driver s license with proof of insurance.
* Prefer certification as hospice nurse.
* Pediatric experience preferred.
* Spanish speaking preferred.
* Hospice experience preferred.
* Computer skills (word processing), use of adding machine, calculator, fax, photocopier.
* Because this is a field position, must be able to drive in various conditions, including but not limited to winding/steep roads, night driving, and rural areas, and be able to enter homes with pets.
"The Elizabeth Hospice is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.