Registered Respiratory Therapist - EMCM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY IS A MEDICAL DESTINATION PROVIDING MANY NEW HEALTHCARE SERVICES AND RESOURCES PREVIOUSLY UNAVAILABLE IN THE AREA INCLUDING ADVANCED MEDICAL AND SURGICAL CARE, DIAGNOSTIC TESTING SERVICES, A NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT, AND 24 HOUR EMERGENCY CARE. LOCATED ON 87 ACRES ALONG GERMANTOWN PIKE IN EAST NORRITON, PA, EINSTEIN MEDICAL CENTER MONTGOMERY BRINGS THE EXCEPTIONAL EXPERIENCE OF EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK TO RESIDENTS OF CENTRAL MONTGOMERY COUNTY. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Functioning under the direction of the medical staff to achieve therapeutic outcomes on the patient population to which assigned
* Interacting with physicians, peers, and coworkers to formulate a plan of care for each patient
* Providing appropriate assessment of the patient, diagnostic information, and therapeutic interventions
* All routine respiratory therapy
* Mechanical ventilation initiation and management
* Mechanical ventilation weaning via protocols
* Arterial blood gas sampling and analysis
* Pulmonary function testing
* Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
* Assessment of critical and non-critical care patients
* Bronchoscopy assistance
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Graduate of a registry program in an AMA approved school of respiratory care required
* One year critical care experience preferred; may consider recent graduate
* Current Respiratory Care license - Commonwealth of PA required
* Current National Board of Respiratory Care credential required
* Current BLS certification and current ACLS certification are required
* Current NALS certification is required for those working in the NICU
* Physical Requirements: Sitting, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, walking, agility (bending), stooping, twisting, crouching, kneeling, turning), dexterity (handling, fingering, reaching).
* Visual: Near vision, depth perception, color vision, extensive exposure to video display terminals (VDTs)
* Hearing: Ability to hear normal conversation, hear low voice volumes, whispers, and telephone communication.
* Working Conditions: Office setting. Exposure to radiation, outdoor climates, vibrations, lighting temperatures and equipment.
* Light Lifting: 20 lbs. maximum; regularly lift/carry up to 10 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.