Registered Respiratory Therapist - RRT - Inpatient 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Thank you for your interest in St Joseph Hospital!
We are seeking PRN 1 Therapists to work all shifts as needed:
The PRN 1 agrement states:
I agree to work at least 8 shifts every month.
I agree that at least 4 of those shifts will be evening or night shifts.
I agree that at least 3 of those shifts will be weekend shifts.
I agree to work one Summer and one Winter Holiday including hard to staff holidays including: Christmas, Easter, Fourth of July, New Years, Thanksgiving, Labor and Memorial Day.
We are looking for RTs with excellent patient care and teamwork and dependability.
If you are available for a flexible schedule to cover shifts as needed, We look forward to reading your application.
PRN associates are eligible for PT and FT regular status positions, we do promote from within!
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Exempla Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: http://www.exemplasaintjoseph.org This position is responsible for administering safe and competent respiratory care as ordered per physician, with emphasis in specialty areas (i.e., Emergency, Neonatal, Pediatric, Geriatric and Critical Care), monitoring mechanical ventilation, administering medications, patient assessment, understanding ramifications of hemodynamic monitoring, understanding blood work results, monitoring, teaching, and training.
* Verify Respiratory Care physicians orders, delivery of respiratory care procedures. Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all Respiratory Care procedures per department policy and procedures.
* Receive and give accurate and complete report. Update and complete patient profile card to reflect patient's current clinical status.
* Demonstrate excellent working knowledge of Respiratory Care instruments and equipment. Perform troubleshooting with appropriate problem resolution.
* Perform effective airway management to include bag/mask ventilation. Assist physician/intubation certified therapist with intubation. Demonstrate safe and appropriate suction techniques and use of artificial airways.
* Initiate, maintain, monitor and document continuous mechanical ventilation.
* Provide timely and accurate update information to the physicians and other hospital personnel. Make recommendations for changes or modification of patient therapy by contacting physicians.
* Understand and institute advanced ventilator modalities. Initiate, maintain and monitor ventilator patients. Interpret flow volumes and pressure volume curves to initiate appropriate clinical changes.
* Effectively discuss advanced respiratory pathophysiology with physicians, and can implement changes based on patient condition.
* Perform arterial blood gas sampling.
* Evaluate chest x-ray for endotracheal placement and other clinical conditions optimizing Respiratory Care delivery.
* Complete required continuous training and education, including department-specific requirements.
* Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Graduation from an accredited School for Respiratory Care, required
* Passing score on a National Board of Respiratory Care examination as a respiratory therapist (RRT), strongly preferred
* Licensure by the State as a Respiratory Care Practitioner, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
* One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
SCL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.