Registrar Fairview PRN Parallon
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08591-124273
This is a PRN or Pool position - work on an as needed basis:
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information.
* Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
* Ensure charts are completed and accurate
* Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
* Calculate and collect patient liable amounts
* Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
* Answer any questions and explains policies clearly
* Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
* Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
* Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information
* Verify insurance benefits and determines pre-certification status. If pre-certification is needed, call the insurance precert department and initiate review or verify authorization number provided by scheduling staff. Enter all information and authorization numbers into the registration system.
* Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties. Obtain copies of necessary identification and insurance cards.
* Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies. Issue a Business Office letter to all patients according to policy
* Obtain proper authorization for treatment and approval codes from the insurance carrier for patients presenting for treatment. Collect co-pays, deposits, and deductibles and documents collection status in the system and chart. Issue waivers for signatures when appropriate.
* Inform former patients or their representatives of delinquent accounts and attempt to obtain payment. Refer delinquent accounts to the Manager/Supervisor for further action
* Receive and receipt payments from patient for services rendered. Prepare daily deposits and maintains the integrity of the cash drawer
* Produce paperwork on each patient for distribution to appropriate departments. Align pertinent documents for establishing the patient's medical record and financial file
* Register and admit all patients after the other registration departments are closed. Route admission documents and forms to appropriate departments
* Work with physician offices and ancillary departments, providing information when necessary or forwarding relevant document
* Document complaints received from patients, the medical staff, and ancillary departments on an incident report form and refer to coordinator for follow-up action
* Check for physician orders and attaches them to the patient medical records to ensure that patients are receiving appropriate tests
* Escort patient to his/her destination or refers patient to an available escort
* Activate all pre-registered patients that have reported for services
* Abstract patient charts once discharged for the ER and retrieves a patient Medical Record once they present to ER for treatment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
High school diploma or GED required
At least one year of admissions and or patient registration experience preferred
Last Edited: 09/13/2016