Registrar (PRN/As-Needed) - Medical Center Alliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08950-123582
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others* Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment* Jump-start your career in our patient access department and apply today to be a Registrar.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
As a Registrar, you would be responsible for patient registration in one of a variety of departments, including Emergency Room, Main Admitting, etc. During the process you will be collecting patient information to set up an account, verify insurance coverage and collect payment from the patient.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
* Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information. Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
* Ensure charts are completed and accurate
* Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
* Calculate and collect patient liable amounts
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
* Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal Skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
* PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic Skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
* High school diploma or GED required
* At least one year of registration experience preferred
CERTIFICATES/LICENSE - N/A
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
Last Edited: 08/15/2016