Registrar (PRN) Round Rock Medical Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Round Rock, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08949-124240
Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry s largest healthcare provider in 700+ facilities and 1000+ physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
Interviews patients or their representatives, and enters accurate information onto appropriate forms and into the computer system. Collects appropriate co-payments, and obtains signatures and escorts patients to destination if required.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Interview patients at workstation or at bedside to obtain all necessary account information.
* Bed-side registration performed utilizing carts/computers on wheels
* Ensure charts are completed and accurate
* Verify all insurance and obtain pre-certification/authorization
* Calculate and collect patient liable amounts
* Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments
* Answer any questions and explains policies clearly
* Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards
* Welcome patient and family members in a professional manner. Contact the nursing staff for emergency medical needs and answer patient and visitor questions
* Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information
* Assign I-plans accurately and research Patient Visit History to comply with the Medicare 72 hour rule
Other duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Must be able to work a flexible shift, including nights, weekends, and holidays**
* Must demonstrate proficiency in basic computer skills for data entry; typing skills required
* Must possess effective professional interpersonal Askills able to communicate effectively on the phone, in person and in writing with patients, patient's parents, visitors, employees and providers.
* Demonstrated history of excellent service skills as exhibited by courtesy, cooperative spirit and tact when interacting with employees, patients and visitors.
* Able to work as a member of a team.
* Able to perform more than one work related task simultaneously.
* Able to sit for long periods of time, stand, lift up to 25 pounds, use a keyboard, headset, reach, and perform fine motor tasks such as writing and filing
* Must perform basic mathematic calculations, balance and reconcile figures
* *Must be punctual and dependable with a willingness to learn new tasks and incorporate them into daily routine.
* 1-year experience in a health care setting or position as receptionist or cashier with high volume personal contact with the public is highly desirable.
* Able to attend two weeks paid training Monday- Friday, 8-5pm approximately
* Must have reliable transportation*
** PRN REGISTRAR WITH MINIMUM REQUIREMENT TO WORK 40 HOURS PER SCHEDULE (SCHEDULES ARE 4 WEEK PERIODS), 4 HOLIDAYS PER YEAR, AND 6 WEEKENDS ON CALL PER YEAR
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Lack of information can delay the application process, and therefore applicants should be thorough in completing the online application.
1- 3 years experience patient registration or 3-5 years customer service preferably in a position as receptionist or cashier with high volume personal contact with the public is highly desirable.
Last Edited: 09/06/2016