Registration Representative Per Diem Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Registration Representative \- Per Diem / Days Department:
Ambulatory Registration - - - # Description Requisition ID:
7937 Job Title:
Registration Representative Shift:
Per Diem / Days Location:
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The Registration Representative is responsible for the accurate check\-in and registration of ambulatory care patients \(Outpatient\)\. This includes the collection of insurance data, the identification and/or creation of appropriate account numbers, the collection of indicated co\-payments and/or share of cost\. This role will also be responsible for the accurate check\-out of ambulatory care patients\. This includes accurate scheduling of follow\-up appointments, courteous and efficient customer service, and correct routing of all paper work\. The person in this role will also act as a resource assisting other departments and personnel with questions related to scheduling and registration as well as assisting in the resolution of questions regarding creation and assignment of account numbers for encounter billing\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Minimum Education:
* High School or equivalent\. _Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements\._*
* Minimum Experience:
* Two years of related experience in customer service in a health care setting\. Two years of experience Patient Accounting/Insurance Verification/Registration is strongly preferred\.*
* Required Certification:
* American Heart Association BLS \(Basic Life Support\) CPR card\. Salary Range:
$19\.94 to $27\.92 hourly*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .