This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
In this exciting role with UL, the Regulatory Affairs Specialist will report to the Regulatory Affairs Manager for a key client, responsible for the research (identification), monitoring and communication of legislative and regulatory activity related to consumer product safety (toys, children's products and consumer packaged goods), food packaging and food contact regulations.
* Conduct research on global enacted and proposed consumer product safety laws/regulations/standards and monitor industry trends.
* Understand global regulatory requirements and provide summaries of enacted and proposed consumer product safety/packaging laws and standards.
* Identify Regulatory needs and strategies
* Provide regulatory guidance to engineers that apply regulations to concepts
* Monitor the impact of changing legislation and regulations on client's product.
* Participate in various industry organizations and attend conferences and meetings as required.
* Conduct research into market or regional business issues in support of domestic and international corporate strategic planning initiatives.
* Assist in updating/maintaining a client-focused database of relevant consumer product laws, standards and guidance documents.
* Develop and review SOP documents.
* Provide general administrative support, including data gathering and compilation, report writing, creation of presentation material, etc. as required by Manager.
* Provide back-up support as required to other staff members.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Strong research skills and experience researching domestic and international laws and regulations
* Ability to read and comprehend technical information, and summarize the content into easy-to-understand summaries and updates.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, applying critical thinking/problem-solving skills.
* Strong organizational, time management and project management skills.
* Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; technical writing skills an advantage.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a technical environment.
* Understanding of children's products/toy industry regulatory compliance (16 CFR 1500.xx, ASTM F963, EN 71, and ISO 8124) strongly desired.
* Knowledge of the FDA, Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (Section 409) and domestic and international food contact and packaging laws and regulations.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
Bachelor's degree in research-based discipline, chemistry or engineering; Advanced degree a plus
2-3 years' experience in regulated industry
Experience working with/for a legislative or regulatory body a plus
Non-toy consumer product regulatory experience will be strongly considered.
Research background with experience utilizing diverse research tools such as Westlaw, Lexis or Library of Congress.
Creative thinker who can strategically navigate the legislative and regulatory process to quickly draw conclusions and provide guidance