Regulatory Compliance and Inventory Technician
Fresenius Medical Care - TOCCOA, GA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Regulatory Compliance and Inventory Technician-120006RM
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Under supervision responsible for monitoring and maintaining inventory to ensure appropriate and adequate supplies for assigned facilities within the centralized program. Assists in ensuring that OSHA and other regulatory requirements are met. Responsible for cost containment with regard to inventory control and maintenance of supplies. Supports the FMCNA mission, vision, values, and customer service philosophy.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
* Promote and facilitate the advancement of FMS culture and core values through customer service standards.
* Ensure availability for patient's questions and concerns.
* Assist in monitoring and maintaining inventory levels to assure adequate supplies for safe and effective treatment of patients.
* Transport equipment and supplies as needed.
INVENTORY AND SUPPLIES:
* Coordinate the ordering and receiving of disposable supplies for the assigned facilities in the centralized program.
* Conduct inventory and cost per treatment counts for core items weekly or as specified.
* Complete inventory reorder counts as specified by manager.
* Collect and organize supplies restocking relevant areas as needed.
* Assist in creating SAP purchase orders for supplies.
* Assist in conducting monthly and quarterly inventory of supplies with cost reporting through Pl-17.
* Assist with updating the chemical inventory list.
QUALITY AND TECHNICAL:
* Actively support the CQI process.
* Adopt quality accountability.
* Participate in quality training and education for all technical staff.
* Participate in the completion and documentation of ongoing technical CQI activities as appropriate.
* Update and provide management with feedback regarding any improvement strategies that may be implemented.
* Cooperate with Facility staff and Regulatory Compliance & Inventory Supervisor to ensure all regulatory and OSHA requirements are met.
* Collect water samples for AAMI analysis according to company, state, and federal regulations and document as appropriate.
* Assist in the review and updating of the alternative water supply plan.
* Coordinate with the appropriate vendors to ensure all dialysate and electrical leakage meters are calibrated as required.
* Assist in ensuring that all inspections by outside vendors are performed as needed.
* Ensure water and dialysate samples are processed according to specified procedures.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position involves moderately active work including walking and standing for considerable lengths of time. Bending down to floor level is required for some duties.The position requires a considerable amount of physical work. There is a two-person assist program and equipment available for moving the heavier loads/equipment. The employee must regularly move boxes, drums, and equipment of up to 500 lbs. in weight. The use of dollies or other equipment is mandatory while moving items that weigh approximately 500 lbs. The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. There may be some potential exposure to chemicals and infectious materials. EDUCATION
* High school/Vocational diploma or G.E.D., Technician training or AA Degree preferred.
* Computer skills and knowledge of accounting principles preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
* Attend all technical training programs required by state/federal regulations and FMCNA policy.
* Newly hired or promoted incumbents are responsible for the requirements of the respiratory fit policy if applicable.
* Valid Driver's License and/or ability to transport equipment and supplies as needed.
* Employees have to meet the necessary requirements of Ishihara's Color Blindness test as a condition of employment.
* Continued employment contingent upon successful completion of the FMCNA Training Program for Technical Staff.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* At least six months experience working in an accounting/inventory setting.
* Must demonstrate organizational and leadership skills, including those required to problem-solve in a medical, health care environment.
: Technical Services
: United States-Georgia-Toccoa
: Day Job : -