Regulatory Compliance Specialist 8/31/2016
Nexeo Solutions, LLC
The Woodlands, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nexeo Solutions is the largest global chemical and plastics distributor with a centralized business model. With operations worldwide, Nexeo offers over 26,000 products used in a broad cross-section of industries, including chemicals manufacturing, oil and gas, paints and coatings, automotive, healthcare and personal care. Nexeo distributes these products in North America, EMEA, and Asia. The company provides broad logistics capabilities, in-depth market knowledge, dedicated technical expertise and Environmental Services. As a private company employing more than 2,500 employees, Nexeo connects a network of over 1,200 suppliers with a diverse base of more than 28,000 customers. Learn more at www.nexeosolutions.com.
The mission of the Product Safety group is securing the long-term marketability of products sold by Nexeo Solutions by evaluating, determining and communicating their hazards and risks in compliance with all applicable global regulations and with adherence to Product Stewardship and Corporate principles. Our overall aim is to assure compliance and quality customer support to assist in preserving and increasing Nexeo solutions competitiveness.
* Responsible for monitoring global chemical control regulations and assessing impact on company products to assure compliance in applicable regions where we do business.
* Participate in new product reviews and proposed new or modified products for regulatory impact. Leads development and implementation of compliance actions/programs in support of new/modified products as needed.
* Participate in customer product application/end-use assessments, leads company risk assessments, and develops recommendations for risk mitigation and business management.
* Provide regulatory guidance to internal stakeholders on chemical regulatory issues and participate in developing company guidelines and policies to address applicable issues. Coordinate with the Legal department and European/Pacific resources as needed.
* Partner with and assist Hazard Communication, Product Stewardship, Global Trade, IT and Master Data teams as needed.
* Develop and/or administer applicable Nexeo TSCA compliance programs including sections 4, 5, 8, 12 and 13.
* Own and administer the corporate REACH compliance program.
* Provide FDA/cGMP product regulatory support as needed.
* Responsible for compiling and submitting relevant regulatory reports such as TSCA CDR, Canada Section 71 reports, EPA FIFRA reports, etc.
* Represent company interests in trade groups as assigned.
* Participate in Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activities as assigned
* Assist with communications on product regulatory issues to customers, the public, regulatory agencies when needed.
* Expected to have direct customer interactions.
THIS POSITION WILL BE LOCATED IN THE WOODLANDS, TX.
* Degree in Biological/Life sciences, chemistry or toxicology with directly related experience in chemical management issues.
* 5-7 years experience in the chemical, petrochemical, and/or polymer industries and expertise in associated regulatory issues, especially TSCA, FDA food contact/ food packaging, personal care, cGMP, FIFRA etc.
* Understanding of and experience in administering a REACH program is a must.
* Familiarity with DEA and Alcohol, Tobacco and Tax (TTB) regulations a plus
* Familiarity with Canadian Chemical Inventory and product stewardship regulations a plus.
* Familiarity with the SAP EHS module a plus.
* Perform responsibilities with a positive attitude and an ability to work with a minimal supervision
* Be adept at adjusting to changing priorities
* Ability to distill, summarize, and effectively communicate complex issues to upper management and non-technical individuals.
Nexeo Solutions participates in the E-Verify program to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.