Regulatory Projects Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The regulatory projects manager is responsible for managing the company's day-to-day regulatory projects, regulatory cases and issues that impact multiple jurisdictions.
This position is accountable as the primary regulatory interface for one or more of the following internal departments: customer service, demand-side management, power delivery/reliability, information technology, blue sky, and other corporate functions. Externally, this position serves as the primary regulatory interface for various expert witnesses.
_RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS POSITION INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:_
* Regulatory interface and project manager for regulatory filings, presentations and testimony for all customer service functions, reliability and safety activities, corporate functions, and treasury functions at the state regulatory commissions.
* Manage the day-to-day work related to a major project across all six states and lead the technical team in providing analysis and support to external parties, including regulatory commissions.
* Coordinate and support the manager, state regulatory affairs on all filings, presentations, and testimony.
* Review of all related discovery to ensure consistent responses of high quality provided in a timely manner.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with state commission staffs and interveners in company regulatory matters to communicate the company's position and to produce favorable regulatory outcomes.
* Develop presentations and periodic reports for above stakeholders and external groups such as rating agencies.
* Manage and track legislative bills that have the potential of impacting the company and recommend positions to be taken.
* Maintain relationships with business function personnel to ensure a thorough knowledge of functions and applicable events in each state.
* Serve as a company witness in regulatory proceedings and Prepare and respond to data requests, as needed.
* As applicable, may select, coach, and develop employees. Review and evaluate employee performance and prepare annual reviews.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, mathematics, business, economics, engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
A minimum of seven years related regulatory experience.
Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work with all levels of an organization including people with different styles and backgrounds; ability to work both independently and as a member of a team to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver commitments; Ability to manage and motivate employees.
Knowledge of applicable company policies and procedures; applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations
Ability to review technical data, financial modeling and understand regulatory data systems and interfaces with other company data systems.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills including ability to consult with internal and external clients
Strong general and project management skills including ability to establish objectives, execute policy, monitor resources and manage the development or implementation of a system, program or process.
General understanding of the fundamentals of revenue requirement, rate of return, interstate allocations, net power costs, class cost of service and rate design.
General understanding of utility rate making principles, utility economics, as well as utility commission rules and regulations, and applicable state and local laws.
Attendance at regulatory proceedings and travel to the function locations is required.
_.__All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening._