Regulatory and Compliance Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur customer is a leading provider of secure identity solutions and is well known for quality and innovative designs. They have an immediate opening on their Compliance Engineering team. In this role, you'll work with a variety of products and meet the increasing demands of global certifications. We seek a regulatory engineer with background and understanding of EMI/EMC, Radio and Environmental Standards compliance to attain required agency approvals for new and existing products, along with the ability to produce quality results and contribute to assigned projects within the company. We have 2 openings available, both are direct hire and located at our customer's facilities in Eden Prairie.
* Conduct emissions and susceptibility tests, data acquisition and processing, and test report generation. Compliance is governed by regulatory requirements for radio devices, ranging from Low Frequency to Microwave. Candidates with RF Design experience and associated measurement tools will be considered.
* Perform regulatory EMC and radio compliance testing including, preliminary measurements within a GTEM Chamber. Five years of experience in radio device and information technology equipment desired.
* Obtaining environmental/materials compliance to ensure compliance to regulatory standards such as RoHS Recast, REACH, California Proposition 65, WEEE and Conflict Minerals.
* Ability to mitigate excessive spurious emissions, both Conducted and Radiated, in new designs is desirable.
* Interface with project teams on a regular basis to ensure new designs will meet the requirements for global regions for both ITE and Radio equipment. The scope of certifications extend to North America, Mexico, Central America, South America, Middle East/North Africa, South Africa, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Russia, Turkey, Central Asia, South Asia, East Asia, Japan, Southeastern Asia and Australia/New Zealand Regions.
* Prepare technical files for agency submittal
* Assist in product Safety evaluations and submittal preparations as necessary, and UL File maintenance.
* BSEE or similar
* 5 years minimum work experience in a regulatory compliance engineering position
* Experience with lab test equipment including receivers, spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers and antennas
* Candidates with RF Design experience and associated measurement tools will be considered
* Five years of experience in radio device and information technology equipment desired
* The Ability to influence the development of new or changed product designs. The Knowledge of the following regulatory standards is desirable but not absolutely necessary:
o RoHS II/REACH California Prop 65
o FCC Parts 2 &15 ETSI Radio Standards
o China Radio Certification Taiwan Radio Certification
o Korea Radio Certification Japan Radio Certification
o Mexico Radio Certification Brazil Radio Certification
o UL 294 IEC 60950
* Previous experience within EU Radio Device Directives is preferred but not required.
* Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid Passport.
This position is based in Eden Prairie, MN. No relocation is available for this position.