Reimbursement Specialist - Hammonton, NJ 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a Reimbursement Specialist to join our team!
This position performs administrative and reimbursement functions for the billing department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Processes claims accurately and timely.
* Performs collection calls and is persistent with aging accounts.
* Notifies supervisor of problem accounts.
* Processes denials and secondaries promptly.
* Submits appropriate documentation for adjustments to supervisor.
* Acts as backup for intake coordinator when needed.
* Updates and maintains contract pricing.
* Assists month-end closing as scheduled to assure timeliness.
* Attends required in-services each year.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent is required; Minimum of 2 years reimbursement and/or insurance experience preferred. Infusion, home health or DME experience is preferred; Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required; Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Knowledge of HCPCS coding.
* Knowledge of ICD 9 coding.
* Knowledge of electronic billing.
* Excellent calculation/math skills.
* Ability to understand insurance contracts for billing purposes.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
* Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
* Proficient level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office.
* The ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality is required along with sensitivity to employees and customers needs and data.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Proficient analytical skills.
* Proficient in MS Office.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, and payors.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.