Reinsurance Accounting & Claims Specialist 8/27/2016
Willis North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We have an exciting opportunity available to provide high level service and support to clients and brokers assigned to the segment. The successful individual will be responsible for individual account management and coordination of global post placement services delivered to Willis Re s clients.
This role entails the ability to have a full understanding of client s service requirements and ensures all of Willis Re s resources are mobilized and coordinated for delivery of those services. Maintains strong client and reinsurer relationships for all assigned accounts to ensure client satisfaction with Willis Re service delivery. Must be willing to travel to the UK and/or Mumbai. Global travel to other locations may be required to develop working relationships with processing technicians and increase awareness and knowledge of client specific requirements. When necessary, provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to Client Service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Leads coordination with brokers on marketing and placement strategy for new and renewal business
* Provides historical perspective on renewing programs and in-depth analysis of reinsurer performance
* Leads coordination with contract drafters to ensure wording provisions are executable and meet servicing requirements
* Ensures placed programs are properly documented and recorded within Willis Re s operating system
* Maintains company record management and ensures critical company updates are recorded
* Ensures premiums are invoiced and settled in accordance with contract terms
* Prepares and presents service delivery and account management materials for clients Keeps brokers apprised of issues and escalates as appropriate
* Keeps clients in compliance with contractual reporting and payment terms
* Ultimately responsible for coordinating query resolution with the clients to effectively manage queries per client instructions
* Acts as an informational resource to Client, Broker, Market and Management for assigned accounts
* Coordinates and attends technical and claim audits when necessary
* Coordinates and attends regular client visits/meetings to ensure client satisfaction and to gain an understanding of clients business and operating environment
* Vigilantly monitors contracts or programs for assigned clients and identifies any anomalies
* Responsible for creating and providing MI reports and/or spreadsheet analysis, as required by the client and broker
* Coordinates with Account Controllers to assist with any cash issues that may arise
* Ensures high priority cash items are communicated to Account Controllers for settlement outside of normal payment cycles
* Maintains full awareness of unpaid items and status of collection efforts for periodic updates and discussion with clients
* Provides support in collection efforts, if required, by coordinating with Account Controllers
* Ensures problem collections are escalated to management s attention and client expectations are properly managed
* Ensures client s year end collateral funding requirements are fully met
* Coordinates with client on any collateral adjustments (i.e. LOC increase/decrease or drawdown for paying claims)
* Adheres to internal standard operating procedures, and external regulatory requirements. Understands and is compliant with WEM requirements.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Specific experience with claims and accounting in reinsurance or insurance (brokers, reinsurers, or insurers)
* To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and internal operating systems.
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Possess or is working towards ARe designation
* Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of Reinsurance business
* Ability to work independently and proactively.
Do more. Be more. Realize Your Potential
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity
Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Veteran.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.