- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Reinsurance Accounting & Claims Specialist
Job Role : Client Service Advocate
Location : Philadelphia, PA
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson
Investment, Risk and Reinsurance
Our sophisticated approach to risk helps clients free up capital. We work in close concert with investors, reinsurers, and insurers to manage the equation between risk and return. Blending advanced analytics with deep institutional knowledge, we reveal new opportunities to maximize performance.
Summary: Provides high level service and support to clients and brokers assigned to the segment. Responsible for individual account management and coordination of global post placement services delivered to Willis Re s clients. Possesses a full understanding of client s service requirements and ensures all of Willis Re s resources are mobilized and coordinated for delivery of those services. Develops and maintains strong client and reinsurer relationships for all assigned accounts to ensure client satisfaction and compliance with Willis Re s service delivery requirements. Establishes strong working relationships with processing technicians and account controllers in our service centers of excellence to deliver the best possible service to respective stakeholders and increase their awareness and knowledge of client specific requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Responsible for ensuring placed programs are properly documented and recorded within Willis Re s client servicing system (s).
* Responsible for maintaining company record management and ensuring critical company updates are recorded.
* Responsible for ensuring premiums are invoiced and settled in accordance with contract terms
* Prepares and presents materials for clients and markets as respects service delivery and account management.
* Works closely with broking team to ensure they are kept apprised of issues and developing situations are escalated as necessary
* Responsible for ensuring client is aware of and compliant with contractual reporting and payment terms
* Maintains ultimate responsibility for coordinating query resolution with the client and ensuring effective management of queries per client instructions
* Acts as an informational resource to Client, Broker, Market and Management for assigned accounts
* Coordinates and attends technical and claim audits when necessary
* Coordinates and attends regular client visits/meetings to ensure client satisfaction and to gain an understanding of clients business and operating environment
* Maintains vigilant monitoring of contract or program experience for assigned clients and be aware of any anomalies.
* Responsible for creating and providing MI reports and/or spreadsheet analysis, as required by the client and broker.
* Coordinates with Account Controllers to assist with any cash issues that may arise
* Ensures high priority cash items are communicated to Account Controllers for settlement outside of normal payment cycles
* Maintains full awareness of unpaid items and status of collection efforts for periodic update and discussion with clients
* Provides support in collection efforts, if required, by coordinating with Account Controllers
* Ensures problem collections are escalated to management s attention and client expectations are properly managed
* Responsible for ensuring client s year end funding collateral funding requirements are fully met
* Coordinates with client any collateral adjustments (i.e. LOC increase/decrease or drawdown for paying claims)
* Adheres to standard internal policies and procedures, and other external regulatory requirements. Is fully aware of and compliant with WEM requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma required; degree from a two-year or four-year college preferred; minimum of five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, clients, and associates.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, and internal operating systems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Possess or is working towards ARe designation
OTHER USEFUL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of Reinsurance business
* Ability to work independently and proactively
* Exhibits highest level of professionalism in performance and demeanor
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU*
Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k and an employee stock purchase plan as well as many other options to full time employees.
Willis is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports Diversity Minority / Female/ Disability / Veteran.