Relationship Associate Hybrid
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
About OneWest Bank
OneWest Bank was founded as a regional bank in Southern California dedicated to customer service and a commitment to our community. As a division of CIT Bank, N.A., that commitment continues and we're proud to be Southern California's hometown bank. Headquartered in Pasadena, our executive team is comprised of industry leading experts who reside in Southern California and understand the local market and economy. With a strong capital foundation and consistent focus on providing value to our customers, we offer a full suite of banking services customized to your specific individual or business needs.
Our retail branches, spanning from San Diego to Ventura County, offer a full array of deposit and lending solutions for consumers and small businesses. We also offer a suite of wealth management products and services including private banking, investment advisory and trust services. As local specialists in the real estate market, we offer custom home loans up to $15 million with competitive rates, low down-payment options and personalized service to guide you through the loan closing process.
Our Small Business Administration Lending specializes in SBA 7(a), SBA 504 and Owner-Occupied Commercial Real Estate loans to meet the needs of California's growing small businesses. Our Deposit and Payment Solutions help your business improve cash flow management, reduce costs, improve productivity and protect against fraud.
OneWest Bank's mission is to help you achieve your financial goals One Person at a Time and One Business at a Time . If you are an existing customer, we look forward to expanding our relationship with you, and if you are a potential new customer, we would be pleased to welcome you to OneWest Bank.
Responsibilities: The primary function of the Relationship Associate is to build strong relationships with OneWest customers by providing guidance and navigating customers toward solutions that meet their needs in an environment that is large enough to fulfill our customer needs but small enough to maintain OneWest's culture of exceptional service.
The essential functions of the job include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Builds customer relationships that embody OneWest's One Customer at a Time standard by
providing value added guidance
- Dedicates time to engage customers in meaningful conversation to understand customer needs
- Utilizes contact management system by notating what was learned both financially and personally which
will continue to build on customer relationships through follow up
- Leverages OneWest Bank's resources to support customer relationships
- Navigates customers by recommending financial solutions with OneWest Bank products and services
- Expands knowledge of OneWest Bank standards and culture in order to make appropriate
suggestions for fulfilling customers' needs
- Guides customers through more complex financial needs such as buying a home, funding retirement,
and operating a small business
- Processes basic transactions and guides customers to new technologies for their convenience and
- May be required to manage a cash drawer
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Experience in leveraging resources such as technology channels, lending, business banking,
and investments as well as aligning products and services
- Experience in reviewing and analyzing customer information to identify needs and create solutions
- Must have high competency in the banking industry, banking channel, and products
- Must be able to manage and process information through a contact management system