Relationship Manager I - Commercial Banking 9/10/2016
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Entry level sales position accountable for revenue growth and profitability with gradual goal expectations over a defined three year time period. Responsible for servicing and expanding exisiting and new client relationships based upon clients' business and personal financial needs. Incumbents in the role will learn and develop sales process skills and techniques in order to develop and retain new business. The role will develop strategic relationships with all Key lines of business in order to effectively refer business and leverage partnerships to deepen and enrich the client experience. The RM I is on a three year production ramp with full goal allocation at the end of year three. The production ramp is as follows: Year 1 -- no goal, Year 2 -- 25% goal, Year 3 of 60%
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Sales and Service
* Maintains and expands current client relationships.
* Assembles a cross-functional team to quickly respond to customer requests when not able to address requests personally. Knows when and how to ask Relationship Manager for assistance and/or bring in a team of experts.
* Participates in business development activities by identifying cross-sell opportunities in client group
* Participates in first touch prospect outreach resulting from business development identification
* Participates in client calling initiatives with Relationship Manager and/or as the lead on assigned clients
* Manages account relationships as assigned. Function as the primary back-up for Relationship Manager(s)
* Leads and coordinates advisory team based on client needs. Acts as lead and/or client advocate/ representative on assembled team.
* Employs and maintains a disciplined approach to the client review process using designated tracking tools to document progress on implementation of client strategies.
* Identify opportunities to retain and expand relationships. Gather information from the client and consult with appropriate team members to recommend product solutions.
* Participates in Community organizations to demonstrate Key's commitment to the local community.
* Delivers distinctive service by completing annual relationship reviews consistently updates the Desktop with current client data, call summaries, etc.
* Brings other relationship management team partners to the table to deepen the relationship based upon need and assessment.
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent experience
* Minimum 3 -- 5 years of financial services related experience
* Excellent client relationship skills and superior partnering skills
* Deep knowledge of bank products
* Demonstrated sound credit, analytical skills, and financial acumen
* Established excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working in credit teams and have a proven understanding of the importance of asset quality and exceptional customer service.
* Sales or customer service experience
* Customer Focus -- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
* Peer Relationships - Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
* Action Oriented -- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
* Learning on the Fly -- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues for improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
* Approachability -- Is easy to approach and talk to; spends extra effort to put others at ease; can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; builds rapport well; is a good listener; is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
* Functional/Technical skills -- Has acquired the functional and technical knowledge and skills to support the client at a high level of accomplishment; understands how to use the technology available.
Applicable equipment may include -- PC Microsoft Office and various Key proprietary systems e.g. Desktop, etc.
On the job training and identified commercial learning curriculum
Districts (based on opening and geographic region -- TBD)
195 Church Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled