Relationship Manager 9/17/2016
Western Alliance Bancorporation
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position of Relationship Manager is responsible for identifying a target market for new business and subsequently develop and establish a book of new business from those relationships. The position is responsible for the negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of a variety of major and complex corporate banking loans in compliance with the Bank s lending policies and procedures; develops business checking and deposit relationships with customers.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations
* Compiles and analyzes market research data to develop recommendations regarding products and services focused on needs of target market.
* Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business based on the target market.
* Calls and visits target customers to promote and sell Bank products and services to establish a new book of business.
* Develops and maintains customer data base including calls and results on all new business relationships. Makes reports to superiors as required.
* Interviews prospective applicants and requests specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
* Performs basic pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
* Gathers all information necessary to present a financing request to senior management or Loan Committee for approval; meets with new/potential customers; visiting sites of loans; negotiates loan terms and conditions; refers and recommends acceptance to the Chief Credit Officer or Loan Committee.
* Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreement, customer needs and conform to Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within the Relationship Manager s portfolio.
* Maintains a superior knowledge of financial industry status and trends.
* Recommends to senior management those products and services experiencing less than satisfactory performance.
* Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank s image and develop additional business; assists the Bank in establishing and maintaining market position in the financing arena.
* Bachelor s degree from a four-year college or university and three (3) or more years of related experience and/or training; or a combination of experience and education.
* Work related experience must consist of a basic lending background including negotiating, underwriting and coordinating the closing of a variety of major and complex consumer, residential, equipment, SBA, commercial building and business loans; relationship development, experience in the financial services industry.
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
* Knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
* Knowledge and experience in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
* Intermediate knowledge of Bank lending procedures, Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank s products and services.
* Extensive knowledge in all facets of relationship management.
* Exceptional analytical skills.
* Intermediate skills in word processing and spreadsheet software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
* Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email email@example.com or call (702) 252-6257