Relationship Specialist - Customer Care
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONOverview: About CIT
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
Responsibilities: The Relationship Specialist is responsible for resolving the Customer or Vendor's Servicing or Delinquency opportunities by using effective communication skills. By listening, acknowledging and providing solutions, the relationship specialist protects the customer or vendor relationship and CIT Bank.
* Performs day-to-day activities that ensure effective account management of collection accounts.
* Communicates via phone conversations, email, fax and letters with customers concerning statuses of invoice payments.
* Performs reconciliations for accounts to maintain accuracy.
* Interfaces with Sales, Operations and Finance departments to resolve billing, collection and credit issues.
* Establishes strong working relationships with field team to support collections efforts.
* Works with customers in a proactive manner to resolve discrepancies.
* Reconciles account statuses using current and historical invoicing and payment activity analysis.
* Liaison with cash operations regarding cash application to research and reconcile misapplied payments
* Resolves all overdue account balances and unassigned cash and payment discrepancies through research, communication and follow up with customers or field operations.
* Monitors changes in customer's financial status and payment patterns.
* Audits and maintains customer accounts to make sure terms are accurate and customer profiles have current information.
* BS/BA degree preferred
* 1-3 years inside sales, customer support or customer service.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Committed, Smart and Problem Solver
* Intellectually curious about our business, our customers and focused on finding the best solutions.
* Exceptional communication skills: Verbal and Written.
* Excellent negotiation skills - Sales or Customer Service experience preferred
* Function well independently and in a team orientated environment.
* Comfortable forming strong and lasting relationships with customers over the phone.
* Professional and Energetic when dealing with customers; leaving them with a positive experience/impression of CIT.
* Prioritize work and quickly evaluate a situation to find the best solution for customers and CIT.
* Ability to take constructive critique and implement training concepts into your own voice.