Relay Tester C NERC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
I. PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Observes and assists in testing, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical and electronic equipment used to protect, operate and control generation, transmission and distribution systems.
II. SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Assists in the inspection, tests, calibration, installation, and repair of assigned electro-mechanical, solid state, and microprocessor relays, controls and equipment systems.
2. Assembles, carries, places in position, and operates test equipment and related instruments. Completes test forms and enters test results, as directed. Cleans, maintains, and assists in setting up test equipment, as directed.
3. Assists in investigating trouble complaints in maintaining relays, SCADA controls, Disturbance Monitoring Equipment (DME), etc., and in performing various field, shop and laboratory tests, repairs, inspections, etc.
4. Assists in inspecting, testing and making minor calibration to electrical equipment, such as; voltage regulating devices, battery chargers, circuit breaker and transformer controls, DME, protective devices, etc., as directed. Refers major trouble conditions to higher classified employees.
5. Assists higher classified employees in the operation and switching of substation equipment and switchyards during installation, testing, emergencies and other trouble conditions, etc.
6. Sets up barricades and performs related general housekeeping functions necessary to maintain safe work areas. Performs other directed assignments as required.
7. Drives Company vehicles and operates Company radio equipment, as required.
Associate's degree in electrical field or equivalent experience satisfactory to the Company, such as two years of post-secondary education with AC and DC circuit courses.
Experience demonstrating skill performing basic math (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
Experience demonstrating skill comprehending written materials.
Knowledge of and the ability to use various hand tools and test instruments.
Experience demonstrating skill using personal computers including word processing and spreadsheet software
Ability and willingness to read and interpret diagrams and blueprints.
Ability and willingness to work on or around energized electrical and mechanical equipment.
Ability and willingness to work with your hands to perform work functions, and work in a variety of work environments including all weather conditions, at extreme heights, in confined spaces or enclosed vessels, in dark or limited light areas, and in noisy and dirty environments.
Ability and willingness to wear and use safety equipment such as steel toed shoes, rubber gloves and sleeves, hard hat, fire retardant clothing, respirator, etc. as required by Federal, State, Local and Company regulations.
Ability and willingness to perform both indoor and outdoor tasks for extended periods of time such as lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing ladders and scaffolding, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking and squatting.
Ability and willingness to perform rescue and first aid activities.
Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends and overtime.
Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations.
Ability and willingness to drive a Company vehicle.
Must successfully pass qualification test.
Must possess a valid jurisdictional driver s license.
Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions.
Employees in this classification are required to complete and maintain their NERC and FERC certifications annually.
Employees in this classification are NERC and FERC qualified positions. As such, they will be required to comply with NERC and FERC standards and requirements, and follow company procedures designed to meet these requirements.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers