Release / Configuration Manager - Enterprise Software 9/3/2016
USA Recruiting Associates
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _Salary Range BOQ__ _
_** This is a very high priority for them and is wide open. We need a candidate with enterprise software release / configuration experience._
_Search For: software, release, configuration, IBM Clearcase, MSBuild, C++, C#, enterprise client/server, browser-based packaged applications, InstallShield Suite.__ _
Position Title Release / Configuration Manager - Enterprise Software - CT #3247(_$80k to $100k). _
Location Southern CT (near New Haven)
Enterprise software company looking for a release configuration manager. Company develops commercial enterprise accounting applications for browser-base and client/server deployments. We are looking for a motivated individual can be in a center of dynamic software development process bringing all pieces together to produce a package deliverable to customers.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will work closely with the AVP of Operations and Chief Technology Officer on day to day activities to meet continuous challenges of packaging software applications for delivery to QA and/or to customers. These responsibilities will include:
* Optimize build processes and reducing the amount of build scripts that is currently in place. This would include better automation of C++ and C# builds (VS 2015), help files, documentation, and SQL scripts.
* Working with the current IBM Rational Clearcase infrastructure and being a part of upgrade to Microsoft Team Server.
* Managing processes of preparing major releases, service packs and hotfixes, as well as being responsible for source code escrow.
* Managing InstallShield deployment projects.
* Actively working with the C++/C# code base to improve its structure and consistency.
* Extensive experience with IBM Clearcase or a comparable source control system and MSBuild.
* Hands on knowledge of C++ and C# to analyze and review build problems as well as improve on existing build and configuration procedures.
* Experience with being part of a development organization working on an enterprise client/server or browser-based packaged applications.
* Ability to work closely with management and engineers to maintain software releases and support the company's software development lifecycle activities.
* Ability to work independently and meet deliverables.
* Strong attention to details.
* Experience with scripting languages and development tools from Microsoft.
* Experience with InstallShield Suite is a plus.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS WE NEED NOTES ON WITH CANDIDATE SUBMITTAL:
1. EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH IBM CLEARCASE OR A COMPARABLE SOURCE CONTROL SYSTEM AND MSBUILD.
2. HANDS ON KNOWLEDGE OF C++ AND C# TO ANALYZE AND REVIEW BUILD PROBLEMS AS WELL AS IMPROVE ON EXISTING BUILD AND CONFIGURATION PROCEDURES.
3. EXPERIENCE WITH BEING PART OF A DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION WORKING ON AN ENTERPRISECLIENT/SERVER OR BROWSER-BASED PACKAGED APPLICATIONS.
4. EXPERIENCE WITH SCRIPTING LANGUAGES AND DEVELOPMENT TOOLS FROM MICROSOFT.
5. EXPERIENCE WITH INSTALLSHIELD SUITE IS A PLUS.
6. SALARY EXPECTATION