Release Manager 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Release Manager
Job Summary: Assists in the planning, execution, and finalization of software and hardware releases according to company standards and policies governing Release Management; organize, direct, and manage activities for building and maintaining releases for their promotion to the production environment; communicate and manage customer expectations, including Project Managers, IT Service Owners, Application Owners, Product Owners, etc.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES manage scope and schedule for releases.
* Collaborate with development teams in the definition and breakdown of release content and review work of team and verify that quality assurance requirements have been met.
* Coordinate all cross application dependencies and downstream impacts.
* Execute lessons learned from each deployment release.
* Perform risk and impact analysis at the release level.
* Chair the Change Control Board (CAB, CCB), facilitate all CAB meetings.
* Effectively manage for continuous improvement in release management by incorporating automated build, testing, and deployment capabilities to support continuous integration and continuous deployment.