Release Readiness Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
Veritas Support Solutions offers a portfolio of options designed to maximize uptime and reduce your internal IT costs. Our Support organization is dedicated to resolving your issues quickly and effectively. We view every support engagement as an opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to customer satisfaction.
* Build and drive technical support capability and capacity and proactively contributes to the development and improvement of Veritas products
* Development of the Delivery Readiness Plan (DRP) for new NBU/BE releases
* Summarize content of each new release
* Obtain approval and signoff from Delivery management
* Ensure product delivery/management engages with the B&R management/technical at the right time
* Knowledge Management and training requirements of new releases
* Release notes ( sharing and seeking feedback )
* Coordinate Global Bi-Weekly meeting updates and summary
* Distribute monthly release update summary
* Provide Updates to NetBackup and Backup Exec Stakeholders outside Delivery
* Include additional stakeholders like BCS, Partners, Consulting etc .on upcoming releases
* Act as a conduit between multiple cross functional teams such as support delivery and product development/management and Quality Assurance, such as:
* Engage Release Product Manager and Backline Engineers early to discuss and seek commitment for usability and supportability Requirements.
* Works with Global Training Coordinator/ Learning Solutions and NBU/BE Sr. Support Managers to ensure adequate coverage for all relevant features
* Assist with Lead Support Champion Program
* Work with and facilitate GSL and support to ensure appropriate physical and virtual labs are set-up and available
* Gather, Support champion and prioritize supportability and usability ideas during the life cycle of the product.
* Work with the Delivery teams to drive improvement of Supportability / tools review
* Drive Lessons learn / continual improvement in the release cycle ( by reviewing previous releases to see what can be done differently / better )
* Proactively takes responsibility for and drives key B&R product related projects and strategic internal initiatives to successful completion with no supervision.
* Understand the needs of each functional team within the lifecycle of a product and own the communication of those needs to the other parties
* Ensure the B&R Leadership teams are up to date on all aspects of the product release lifecycle
* Release Dates
* Approval Timelines
* Ensure the B&R engineers are fully prepared for releases by working with the Learning Solutions and management team on key activities, such as:
* Summarize Release Training and work closely with Learning Solutions for preparation
* Submit Training request
* Review course material
* Participate in Technical Services Advisory Boards
* Training schedule
* Identify 3rd party requirements
* Document platform proliferations
* Gather training validation information
* Assist in coordinating documentation reviews
* Create/update EOL/EOSL technotes
* Identify and manage additional Release Readiness Projects
* Create and distribute release readiness announcement to PMO/PM/Global Support organization
* Manage RRM SharePoint site and content
* Enter and maintain product/version updates in the CRM (SalesForce) and KM (Knowledge Management / VKNOW infrastructure.
* Must be an effective communicator at all levels from engineer to senior management
* Proven ability to manage and implement change in a highly dynamic environment.
* High-level contributor with theoretical and practical expertise in one or more areas.
* The ability to work under pressure, assume responsibility for the team and act on initiative without close supervision, are all essential characteristics.
* A minimum 3 years experience working in a Technical Support environment.
* The skill to motivate staff in a highly demanding environment.
* Experience in challenging and improving on current processes and practices.
* A proven ability to be flexible.
* Proven Problem Solving/Analytical Skills, able to analyze information and utilize the results, within short timeframes.
* Excellent presentation skills..
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.