Release and QA Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
Perform quality assurance on mapping and data products as well as software release testing for ArcGIS Content related products. You will execute automated and manual quality assurance techniques on mapping and data products such as aerial photography and satellite imagery, vector and raster basemaps, demographic web maps, elevation services, and other content products. This assurance will test content integrity and visual appearance prior to release and publication through services to the ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World.
* Participate in the release of high quality mapping and data products; certify the overall quality of the system and ensure each release is ready to ship
* Work closely with product development teams to identify, prioritize, and ensure key issues are fixed for a release
* Support internal staff and potentially external customers in addressing issues related to released content
* Collaborate in a team environment to continually update QA methods based on rapidly changing technology
* Perform daily testing, analysis, investigation, and identification content products
* Report daily on the quality and stability of the data and mapping products
* Knowledge of or experience in map and data publication as well as the software development process
* Experience with QA processes, commercial test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Keen attention to detail and drive to resolve any issues encountered
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* Bachelor s in information technology, GIS, computer science, or related field, depending on position level
* Strong familiarity with GIS and/or the Esri ArcGIS platform including ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, and ArcGIS Online
* Experience with one or more of the following:
* JIRA StarTeam or other bug tracking systems
* MS Team Foundation Server
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.