Release of Information Special-PT Admin Bram Health IM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Maine Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details:
* Summary of Position Description
Under general supervision and following prescribed procedures, this position releases information from the electronic medical records in response to properly authorized requests. This position will utilize multiple computer systems to include facsimile resources. Position ensures medical information being sent is correct and according to established State and Federal Rules and Regulations. This position also answers phones, assists walk in customers with requests and serves as a support to the reception office. Additionally this position, by knowledge of Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, provides support and feedback to the Chart Completion office. Work is generally performed independently and requires the ability to utilize and operate multiple computer systems and the ablility to concentrate and pay close attention when assessing the request for th release of health information. Incumbent must maintain patient confidentiality in performance of duties at all times. Work will be performed and evaluated according the established policy and procedures and withe demonstrated understaning of departmental procedures and general professional office practices. This position requires a professional working knowledge of internal and external customers and acquired knowledge of the medical record, and professional communication skills.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Ability to work independently, problem solve and prioritize with minimal supervision and to manage multiple demands while supporting strong, positive customer service relationships under pressure and to provide instruction.
* Associates degree in Health Information Management or related field, plus 2 years experience in an acute care hospital setting or multiple doctors clinic. 3-5 years proven experience with Release of Information in an acute care hospital setting or multiple doctors clinic may be substituted for a formal degree.
* Requires complete understanding of chart and information flow in health information management and clinical information systems, knowledge of health informaion practices and procedures.
* Must have knowledge of various State and Federal Rules and Regulations related to Release of Information
* Must be detail-oriented and have effective problem-solving, verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to operate multiple Windows-based software applications, including word processing applications. (Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office software products including the ability to format Excel spreadsheets, keyboarding, data entry)
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations to determine appropriate charges for release of medical record information.
Release Of Information Special-PT Admin Bram Health IM