Reliability Engineer Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq Id 22041 - Posted 09/12/2016 - Maintenance - Geneseo, New York, US
Provides technical expertise in reliability engineering; develops and implements projects to improve plant reliability and asset utilization via standardization. Manages plant mechanical integrity program to ensure compliance with Arkema and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains activities in support of the Mechanical Integrity standard which include pressure vessels, storage tanks, piping, pressure relieving devices, emergency shutdown systems, controls, and high energy equipment.
- Performs reliability studies on existing equipment and recommends needed improvements in the areas of equipment philosophies, strategies and best practices for asset productivity; creating Predictive Maintenance plans.
- Establishes effective preventive and predictive monitoring and maintenance techniques to identify and define abnormal operating conditions.
- Defines root cause failure analysis (RCFA) trigger points and uses DMAIC process to appropriate reliability tools to develop and implement corrective improvement plans.
- Manages assigned capital projects, project budgets and project records; develops early stage project evaluation including layout, cost estimates, engineering feasibility and bid packages.
- Provides technical expertise in regards to job plan development, equipment critical path, job scopes, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems.
- Defines and approves repairs to service equipment, potentially including audit and evaluation of contracted repair organizations, and inspection of repair work.
- Performs Management of Change (MOC) reviews for area of technical expertise.
- Provides ownership and continual improvement of plant Mechanical integrity practices and procedures (M01)
- Updates equipment records, determine required spare parts, and maintain accurate SAP Bill of Materials.
- Develops/Implements reliability procedures and prepares reports on equipment reliability on periodic basis
- Supports Loss Control policy, AIMS, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering with API certification strongly preferred
- 10 years manufacturing experience in maintenance/reliability, prefer chemical industry.
- Experience with reliability tools such as RCFA, FMEA, Weibull analysis, statistical analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable use of Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices including ASME, API, ASTM.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.