Reliability Lab Technical Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONReliability Lab Technical Leader
Position ID: req5297
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: R&D
Location: Charlotte Tech Center, 3020-A Hutchison McDonald Road, Charlotte, NC 28269 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/26/2016
The Validation Laboratory Leader is in charge of the validation of the design of new products or subsystems mainly in terms of life test (long and short term reliability) as well as software and firmware functional test.
* To lead a team of lab technicians and engineers; coordinate labor shifts and task assignments
* Drive precision in project targets achievement (performances and timing);
* Approval and distribution of relevant Test Report documentation;
* To drive the internal network of global and regional validation laboratories on global planning activities and global test manual procedures use;
* To apply Reliability Standards according to the Project Innovation Level and to release and share a Planning chart;
* Ensure troubleshooting capabilities on root cause analysis;
* The Validation Laboratory Leader is in charge to create new accelerated test to improve validation quality and speed up projects development; he/she is also in charge of test design, set up, execution and analysis;
* The Validation laboratory Leader is in charge to apply statistic approach tool in order to optimize the number of appliances under test with fixed index of confidence;
* To apply testing methodologies as DOE (design of experiment) and statistical methodologies;
* Feedback the test results and preliminary analysis with constructive approach to Product Architecture Governance Centre (PAGC), to Regional Product Development (RPD), to GTD Laboratories and GTD E&E.
* Responsible for lab equipment and utilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To improve the robustness and quality of design by executing tests on complete products and subsystems at different stages of the Fabric Care R&D projects;
* To be able to perform test based on internal procedures listed in Database (CSS=components supply specifications, TM=Test Manual, OP=Operating Procedures, TR= Test Reports);
* To debug CCF (Cycle Configuration File) and FW (Firmware) from the perspective of the final user.
* Electronic or Mechanical engineering degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Knowledge of laboratory equipments, data acquisitions system, testing procedures and evaluations of results;
* Experience on applying statistical software and tools for design and analysis of experiments
* Experience on Laundry appliances and/or kitchen appliances is highly preferred; if no experience on home appliance, it is necessary to demonstrate experience on other mass production equipment with similar or higher level of complexity
* Good experience working with electric / electronic systems available for laboratory purpose
* Practical problem solving skills
* Team oriented
* Ability to work within a matrix organization
* Project planning competence
* Good communication skills
* Creative & Proactive
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances.
Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 countries every year. In 2014, Electrolux had sales of SEK 112 billion and about 60,000 employees.
Electrolux has been doing business since 1919. The headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Electrolux share ELUXb is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm.