Reliability Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Reliability Test Engineer oversees the reliability programs that ensure our newly developed products are properly tested to industry standards and customer requirements. This position is highly technical and requires an individual who can work independently. The Reliability Test Engineer shall support the activities related to new item verification, advanced electrical testing, long and short term reliability testing and new test methods/equipment selection for the Worcester MA test laboratories.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Establishes the test methodology for the Physical and Electrical Lab Technicians assigned to advanced cable products.
* Develops test and reliability programs using electrical test equipment including network analyzers and time domain reflectometers to ensure product compliance.
* Develops and maintains a system for verifying the performance characteristics of both new and existing products utilizing MCP Test Plan Module.
* Investigates and develops advanced electrical test methods for advanced products.
* Interacts with Management and Lab personnel in supporting, processing and ensuring completeness of Test Reports generated for finished new products.
* Trains Lab Technicians in the use of electrical and physical test equipment and software.
* Recommends purchasing of electrical and physical test equipment as-needed.
* Develops, implements and monitors Quality System Procedures relating to product quality for physical and electrical test analysis.
* Provides the support and guidance for the Electrical and Physical Laboratories for the Cable Making Organizations in Dongguan China and Worcester MA ensuring consistency & continuity between Laboratories.
* Interacts with customers and approval agencies for reliability testing.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* BSEE Engineering degree required as a minimum.
* Prefer electronic cable experience and /or cable test experience but not required. Advanced engineering degree (i.e. Master s Degree in Electrical Engineering) is a plus.
* Routine customer contact requires good written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of engineering and modeling software, such as PLTS, preferred.
* System level understanding of customer application and performance needs.
* Knowledge of BASIC programming language preferred.