Rep, Medical Coding - Indianapolis, IN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Medical Coding Representative for our Indianapolis, IN location.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3763248
* Performs various clerical functions as requested by the supervisor or group lead
* Responsibilities include: Applying CPT-4 and ICD-9 codes by translating dictated pathology reports, in a timely and accurate manner
* Responds to accounts receivable department when coding discrepancies need reviewed due to payor denials.
* Effectively communicates with superiors, peers, billing reps, and others, as appropriate, on regular basis, assuring proper flow of information.
* Understand and follow all department and company SOP s
* Perform special projects as assigned by the manager
* High school diploma
* 2 years experience in medical coding
* AAPC coding certification (CPC) REQUIRED
* Two years of related work in billing or laboratory testing preferred
* PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Good working knowledge of medical terminology
* Ability to work independently and on a team
* Organizational skills
* Live the Quest Values; Quality, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, Collaboration and Leadership
Coding Certification Required
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.