Rep, Route Service II (FT, Mon-Fri, evening) Miramar, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Rep, Route Service II (FT, Mon-Fri, evening) Miramar, FL.
Schedule: Monday Friday, 11am 7:30pm
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763280
Route Service Representatives (RSRs) are the face of Quest Diagnostics to the public and our customers and act as an Ambassador for the company in everything they do. Everyday Excellence is a critical component in fulfilling this position requirement. This position performs day to day route operations by serving client needs with regard to properly tracking, sorting, storing and transporting patient specimens and other materials including but not limited to supplies and patient results.
The RSR II must be willing and able to perform as routinely assigned a minimum of three (3) routes which may include: Routine Routes, STAT Routes, Specialty Routes, or Shuttle/Relay Routes; Everyday Excellence is a critical component in fulfilling this position requirement. Safely operates company vehicle to pick up, properly store and deliver specimens and other materials; and provides service to internal and external customers in an organized, efficient, and professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for compliance with all processes including and not limited to: timekeeping, attendance and punctuality, vehicle safety and cleanliness, safety and OSHA requirements, handheld /scanning device and usage, proper handling and storage of all samples from the client office to the drop off point, proper packing of specimens for shipment, end of day vehicle checks, dress code, code of conduct and all Company / Regional / Logistics policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for the safe and timely transportation of specimens, supplies, reports, equipment and materials to the appropriate destination.
3. Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as maintaining a valid driver s license and driving record within acceptable company guidelines.
4. Ensure route is started with proper equipment tools. i.e., route scanner sync/paper logs, carry bag, properly prepared coolers for 3 separate thermal storage, dry ice, Nextel/cell phone, keys, door hangers, observation reports, etc.
5. Follow route as scheduled/sequenced while allowing for will-call stops and special pickups.
6. Maintain specimen integrity at all times, including the utilization of specimen carry bag to transport specimens from client office/lock box to vehicle by temperature.
7. Follow all scan/documentation requirements including but not limited to tissue/irreplaceable and frozen tracking processes.
8. Place Door Hanger for will-call clients with no specimens out. Place Door Hanger for Daily clients who regularly provide specimens but none are available at scheduled pick up. The RSR is required to notify dispatch of service issue for a next morning follow up.
9. Communicate with dispatch before leaving an area to ensure will-calls have been cleared.
10. Keep route information, sequencing and all client notes up to date.
11. Attendance and punctuality in meetings and training sessions.
12. Meet all training requirements in a timely manner as assigned.
13. Properly care for and maintain company equipment including scanners, telephones, vehicles etc... Communicate any deficiencies with equipment.
14. Document and provide appropriate client satisfaction information to Logistics Management.
15. Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients using the Everyday Excellence foundation of Patient Care Gold Standards.
16. Demonstrate Everyday Excellence in the Quest Behaviors; Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency, United as One Team and Performance Oriented.
17. Other duties as defined by Logistics Management.
Competencies for Success:
Ethics and Values Customer Focus Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Integrity and Trust Act with a Sense of Urgency/ Importance Approachability
Sincerity Problem Solving Composure
Honesty Decision Quality Listening
Demonstrates the ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration. Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
High school diploma/GED strongly preferred, or commensurate work experience required.
1-3 years of Quest RSR I experience preferred. A minimum of 9 months as Quest RSR I required. If external candidate, 1-3 years of Logistics specimen handling experience required. General computer and hand held scanner knowledge preferred.
Valid Driver s license with a minimum of 1 year driving experience and documentation of a Motor Vehicle Record with
Focus on the Customer: Acts with the customer/patient in mind. Develops relationships with key customers. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers. Communicate Openly and Transparently: Uses diplomacy and tact. Builds constructive and effective relationships Continuously Develop Self and Others: Takes ownership for identifying and taking advantage of learning opportunities.
RSRII positions are available by business need and as training becomes available
* Extensive use of phone and hand held device (PC)
* Prolonged standing/sitting/walking/driving
* Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
* Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
* Ability to communicate effectively in English with clients, supervisors and peers
* Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details as well as ability to see well in limited light scenarios
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the