Repairs Engineer (with Turbine/Hot Section Experience)
Belcan - San Diego, CAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Belcan Belcan
- San Diego, CA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Belcan is an entrepreneurial and market driven organization committed to quality and customer satisfaction. Belcan is among the top 10% of the largest engineering firms in the country with over 7500 employees at 60 locations. The advanced Engineering and Technology Division (AETD) of Belcan is a global provider of highly technical engineering services to a wide variety of industries.
Belcan is looking for Aftermarket Repairs Engineer with Turbine/Hot Section experience to be located in San Diego. Candidate will provide project management for APU components coming back into the customer for repair.
This assignment will run to end of 2011.
Responsible for technical processing of auxiliary power units (APU) repairs in the FAR 145 Repair Station
- Technical assessment of the product and technical direction of the repair process
- Development of repair work-scope instructions
- Failure analysis
- Improvements in repair processing
- Creation and maintenance of all documentation required to process parts through the repair station
- Reliability, turn-around-time and cost.
- Compliance to HS policies as well as FAR, MIL, OSHA standards in the execution of the above mentioned tasks.
- Development of processes and procedures to minimize defects in the maintenance environment through the use of DMIAC and Lean principals.
- Four-year degree in Aerospace related discipline preferred.
-OEM turbine engine technical training or related training
- NDT Training
- Airline O/H Repair Shop / FAR 145 experience
- Solid background in turbine powerplant repair.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project coordination skills.
Due to the nature of the work being done applicants must be U. S. Citizens or permanent residents.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org