Reporting and Analytics Architect - Trainer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
Come join us at Motorola Solutions, as a member of the Smart Public Safety Solutions (SPSS) Delivery team in North America! As a Reporting and Analytics Architect, you will work directly with our customers in mission-critical environments and help them solve problems when it matters most. You will be working with key products from Motorola, integrating emergency response and Police records systems data with Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services applications to produce complex Reports and Dashboards for Motorola SPSS customers. As a Reporting Architect Trainer, you will train Motorola's Public Safety Solutions customer's technical administrators using Microsoft's SSRS Report Builder application to construct informational reports and dashboards.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
* The Smart Public Safety Solutions (SPSS) Delivery team provides the most direct contact between Motorola and the customer at the user level, providing business process analysis as it relates to the use of public safety software applications (Computer Aided Dispatch, Police Records Management, and Mobile Data).
* Incumbent will document and analyze the customer's information and operations, evaluating their business operations and transforming them into software application requirements and configurations.
* The Reporting and Analytics Architect conducts training classes specific to reports and dashboards development using Microsoft's SQL Server Reporting Services Report Builder application in order to reflect data housed in both Computer Aided Dispatch and Police Records.
* Individual will also act as a channel of communication between the customer and Motorola, as well as Reporting and Business Intelligence consultant.
* Must Love Travel
- this position is a customer facing role and requires 75% travel (mostly domestic).
* Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment that regularly requires the ability to multitask.
* Experience in business process re-engineering as it relates to the user of software applications to meet public safety business purposes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a self starter
- requiring little direct supervision.
* This person must demonstrate the ability to work well within a team (very important), but also be comfortable working alone.
* Knowledge of public safety operations as they pertain to specific software products: CAD, Records, and Mobile.
* Familiarity with Microsoft operating systems as well as MS Office applications, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
* Experience training both small and large groups of people on software applications is highly desirable.
* Training will be both hands-on, instructor led, and remote.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Database applications, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and/or XML knowledge is a plus.
* Be passionate about owning deliverables and driving them forward toward ultimate closure.
* Be a collaborator and easily build a network of subject matter experts.
* Know how to have fun even in times of pressure.
* Public Safety Domain experience is a plus; knowledge of operations and workflow within dispatch communications, mobile fleets, law records and jail.
* Have 3+ years' experience in multiple IT disciplines; Operating systems, Databases and/or Database Administration, Networking, MSSQL scripting, Application Software installation and Troubleshooting,
* Have 1-3+ years' experience with electronic Report writing and/or Business Intelligence applications such as MS SSRS, Crystal, SAP BI Web Intelligence or Power BI, and familiarity with XML or other languages (experience with Microsoft SSRS or PowerBI preferred).
* Adept at developing reports and dashboards, and must be able to demonstrate presentation of complex data in an understandable way.
* Experienced with requirements gathering and definition, storyboarding, creating mockups of solutions, and writing use cases.
* Must be a US Citizen and able to pass extensive background check for CJIS certification.
1 - 3
*Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in training and work experience. *3+ years experience in one of the following: Public Safety Business Analysis field service; Computer-Aided Dispatch; Police Records Management; and Mobile Data Computer Systems. *Candidate must possess excellent computer skills and be able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services applications.