Representative AR Followup Int- Syracuse, NY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: AR Follow-up Rep Reports To: AR Manager
Department: Contract Location: Syracuse, NY
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The A/R Follow-up Representative - is responsible for the Billing and follow-up on all Facility Contract claims. The incumbent will resolve unpaid accounts in a timely and efficient manner for one or more geographical areas, while maintaining quality and productivity standards set
for the Level 1 A/R Follow-up Representative. The qualified candidate will be an experienced professional, detail oriented, multitasker, commited team player with excellent computer and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review, modify as necessary, and re-bill rejected/denied claims in queue by assigning appropriate insurance carrier, utilizing the billing address and/or payor prefix.
* Process queues within appropriate timeframes, (e.g. claims status checks, appeals of denied claims).
* Recode private pay, commercial insurance and HMO claims, assigning proper condition codes/ICD-9 codes/procedure codes into the Accounts Receivable Billing System and re-file claims as necessary.
* Update appropriate modifiers, based on origin and destination of trip and change insurance claims as necessary.
* Create narrative in the Accounts Receivable Billing System to document status of trip for use in claim appeal process
* Process Very Important Person (VIP) transports by verifying information with Human Resources and adjusting the account accordingly as required.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Adhere to and comply with information systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
* Convey a sense of competence and commitment.
* Use initiative to learn new skills, enhance personal knowledge and improve communications.
* Demonstrate an ability to work well with team members.
* Communicate a willingness to help others succeed.
* Share workspace and resources as necessary.
* Perform other duties as required.
* High School Diploma or GED required; Associates Degree or certificate of completion from a coding and billing school preferred. Must pass new-hire and department specific testing.
* Minimum one (1) year previous medical billing experience or related office work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
* Medical transportation processes.
* Terminology on a PCR, Hospital Face Sheet, and/or a CAD Sheet.
* Process of signature and paperwork compliance.
* Identify non-payment issues by carrier and claim and to escalate to Management as necessary
* Recognize overpayments and request refunds as necessary.
* Prioritize workflow.
* Process clean claims for one or more geographical areas and/ or financial classes.
* Meet or exceed and sustain all established standards for productivity and quality
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.