This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
Reviews plans and specifications for up coming projects. Selects which products the Sales group should quote and advises Sales and customers of any issues, potential liabilities, and inconsistencies which may appear in the project requirements. Works with Sales, customers, and engineers to resolve any specification issues and makes recommendations for potential value engineering or cost saving opportunities. Once projects are awarded to CEMEX, prepare material and mix submittals that meet project and customer requirements. Attend project meeting as directed by Manager, Quality Control. Function in conjunction with Manager, Quality Control, on special department projects. This position description/summary reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Working with Territory Managers (TM), Sales Coordinator, Customers, and Dodge or Builders Exchange resources, secure copies of specifications, addendums, and pertinent plan sections, for up coming work well before the bid date.
2. Review plans and specifications for all materials CEMEX can supply to the project.
3. Check for discrepancies between specification (architect) and plan (structural engineer) requirements for materials CEMEX can supply to the project. Work with Sales Management, TM's and customers to determine best way to resolve discrepancies (direct contact with Architect or Engineer, RFI through customer, etc.) so we are quoting and submitting the proper materials. Check with production personnel to ensure we can produce what is specified.
4. Determine the most cost effective materials for Sales to quote to meet the various project requirements and forward that information to Sales Management and/or TM's. Also make Sales Management, TM's, and Technical Services Management aware of any specification or plan provisions that will be difficult or impossible to meet, or would expose CEMEX to additional liability so they can determine how best to proceed.
5. Help Sales set realistic customer expectations, advise Sales of which materials for the quote are readily available and which ones will require lead times to produce or to generate required back up data (i.e., trial or test batches, non-standard aggregates that require different screens to produce, warm mix asphalt that requires equipment we don't have, etc.)
6. Work with Sales and customers to determine which projects have to potential or willingness to consider alternative or value engineered materials/mixes which will save the customer and or project time and or money, while at the same time increasing the value of choosing CEMEX as their supplier.
7. Once CEMEX has been awarded a project, prepare the required submittals along with all necessary documentation and give them to the customer's TM.
8. Maintain and update the Quadrel database with all current mixes, materials, and back up documentation, and supervise the clerical person inputting test results.
9. As required by Technical Services Manager, attend pre-placement and other contractor meetings.
10. As required by Technical Services Manager, assist in materials testing on projects or in the production plants.
11. Ability to perform as a manager of job responsibilities on assigned projects.
Work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g., automobile and airplane travel, working around moving parts and machines in production facilities, handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals. Protective clothing or gear such as safety goggles, gloves, and shoes are required.
Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of driving, standing and walking in production facilities or on the job site exposed to the elements, and lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment and wheel barrows, up to 100 pounds. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Geology, Construction Science or related experience preferred. A combination of formal education, industry certifications, and experience will also be considered.
* Two - four years experience in field, laboratory, or materials production facility regarding quality control of aggregate, concrete, or asphalt products.