Reputation Research Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Weber Shandwick, our mission is to be "ENGAGING, ALWAYS." We're always looking for people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that delivers on that promise.
Were going beyond traditional lines to integrate social, digital, advertising, content, PR, corporate reputation and public affairs. So we need different kinds of people, and all with special talents. We're constantly looking for more of them.
And while Weber Shandwick employs lots of smart people and plenty of out-of-the-box thinkers, what truly defines us is our collaborative culture. With a borderless approach, we find the best and brightest across continents to deliver results on behalf of our clients. We also see diversity and inclusion as more than a priority, but as a competitive advantage to bring diverse ideas and points of view to the table.
And at the heart of everything we do is The Incite: helping to create work for clients that provokes, generates conversations, tells stories, brings people together.
Weber Shandwick is a global company with offices, affiliates and partners in more than 80 countries, so we offer the advantages of a big firm from leading-edge research, sophisticated technology and the resources to invest in growth. But, at our heart, we still have the spirit of the small company we used to be entrepreneurial, ambitious, warm, fun.
We are seeking an Intern who will assist our three-person team in conducting research in the areas of reputation and thought leadership. Our groups primary role is generating thought leadership research studies. The right person will be involved in research for reputation and corporate communications and learn about corporate and CEO reputation as well as communications trends. This is not a traditional PR job, it is a research job.
* Proofread large quantities of data in PowerPoint and Word
* Proofread and edit articles and reports
* Fact-check articles and reports
* Occasionally draft short articles
* Conduct online searches for specific issues
* Provide general support on compiling research reports (decks, white papers)
* Conduct random, ad hoc secondary research upon request
* Light administrative tasks
* Current student, either in junior or senior year of college or graduate level
* Highly detail-oriented (core requirement) must be comfortable with extensive data digging
* Strong writing skills
* Extremely well-organized
* Results-oriented must be highly motivated to get accurate results and not easily discouraged by the due diligence required
* Understands basic business concepts
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Good at information gathering using Google and social media
* Team player
* Naturally inquisitive
* Self-starter who accepts ownership of his/her own work but can also take direction
* Interested in business and communications trends
* Open to constructive feedback
The qualified candidate will work 25-30 hours per week. He/she will report directly to the Manager, Reputation Research but will also assist the Chief Reputation Strategist and Senior Vice President, Reputation Research on occasion.
ABOUT WEBER SHANDWICK
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations firm with offices in 81 countries. The firms diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work, including being honored as an Ad Age A-List Agency in 2014 and 2015, PRWeeks 2015 Global Agency of the Year and The Holmes Reports 2014 Global Agency of the Year. Weber Shandwick and its Prime unit have won a combined 23 Cannes Lions since 2009. Weber Shandwick was also named a Best Place to Work by Ad Age in 2014 and PRWeek in 2013 and 2014. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.