Rescue Technician - PT Seasonal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
The primary function of the Safety/Rescue Technician is to provide technical rescue standby for customer projects including confined space rescue and technical rope rescue, as well as first aid and CPR. He/she will assist in assessing risks, readying rescue equipment and planning practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices in compliance with client's standards. In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport. The Safety/ Rescue Technician is capable with supervision of performing some safety functions such as rigging up of safety equipment, general gas monitoring functions, and confined space attendant duties. The Safety/Rescue Technician has been trained to calibrate equipment and to check to insure that equipment offered is in proper working condition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists in assessing potential hazards and drafts a Confined Space Rescue Preplan and a Rescue Safety Analysis. Identifies and communicates potential hazards to all affected parties. Determines hazard controls and emergency contingency plans and ensures that required safety equipment and PPE is readily available and in good working order. May conduct general air quality monitoring and make recommendations for hazard control or personal protective equipment based on the interpretation of this data. Conducts daily job briefings with customer and workers.
* Performs on-going monitoring of job conditions and equipment resources and reports observations and recommendations to supervisor to assure both worker and team safety is maintained at all times. Completes daily ICS (Incident Command System) reports.
* In case of accident, locates the patient, assesses any injuries, packages for extrication, removes patient from the threatening environment and turns over to EMS for medical attention and transport. Renders first aid and CPR to the level of training.
* Follows handling, inspection, cleaning and preventative maintenance guidelines for all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness
* Maintains and accurately inventories and documents all rescue related equipment.
* Assists with special projects as assigned.
* Report daily to Principal Contractor, Project Site Representative, or Designated alternate to determine the scope of work and assistance required for the project
* Acknowledge safety responsibilities, defined by the principal contractor and regulatory agencies prior to commencing work on the project
* Hazard Awareness and Communications
* Site Specific Safety Rules
* Use of personal protective equipment, Restricted areas
* Emergency response strategy, Individual duties and responsibilities reporting of accidents/incidents and specific hazards
* Promote safe job performance while monitoring project activities
* Must have monitor technology knowledge
* Monitor areas for hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions
* Perform gas monitor field calibration
* Perform confined space attendant function where required
* Maintain breathing air system
* Maintaining office and work areas clean
* Assist with emergency First Aid as required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Uses hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* Combination of office and field / production environments.
* Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside and extreme weather conditions.
* Overnight Travel Required which includes driving long distance (may require on average 1 week per month or more)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Education and/or Experience:
* High school diploma or GED and previous experience.
* Healthcare Provider CPR, First Aid with AED, Rescue Technician, Confined Space Entry & Rescue Certification.
* First Aid Responder certification.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Airgas On-Site Safety Rescue Technicians must have the ability to operate as a team, supervise entry personnel, implement client specific safety plans, and recommend on OSHA compliance. Key skills should include:
* Possesses critical reasoning skills and is capable of applying them effectively in stressful situations.
* Displays confidence and accepts the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position.
* Demonstrates effective communication (verbal, written & listening) and interpersonal skills.
* Experience in the petrochemical, municipal or industrial safety equipment industry.
* Ability to inspect, clean and perform preventative maintenance on all rescue equipment so that it is in a constant state of readiness.
* Regulatory requirements
* Use of safety and personal protective equipment
* Confined space and rescue practices
* Emergency response planning
* Code of practice procedures
* Hazard Awareness and Communications
* Accident/Incident investigation and reporting
* Accepted industry practices
* Safety Loss/Management training
* Industry recognized training requirements
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Airgas On-Site Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
Airgas On-Site Safety Employee development programs include the following basics:
* Confined Space Rescue training & 10 hrs OHSA
* Fire Watch training
* Gas monitor calibration
* CPR & First Aid Training
* DOT HM 126/181 Training
* Respirator field level maintenance training