This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: The Research Administrator is responsible for the daily administrative operations of defined research areas including grant and contract proposal preparation and approval, establishment of account infrastructure, management of financial transactions, preparation of regular reporting on status of funding and approval of research expenditures. This person collaborates with Chiefs and Principle Investigators and Research Administrative Director to ensure compliance and proper implementation of policies and procedures.
* Manages budgets for federal and non-federal research grants, contracts and sub-contracts. Partners with the Office of Sponsored Programs to maintain databases for pending, funded, rejected and inactive grants. Works with information from internal systems, grant management software, PeopleSoft and other systems to monitor purchases, actual and encumbered expenses as well as salary distributions.
* Works with Financial Analysts and others as necessary to reconcile information/reports and provide investigators with regular financial status reports in user-friendly formats. Expected to have regular meetings with investigators where projections are provided and reviewed to avoid deficit spending. As necessary, work with investigators and RAD to manage deficits.
* Responsible for managing all time and effort reporting for defined areas of responsibility. Works with PIs to regularly monitor information, make changes as appropriate. Report to PI and Research Administrative Director any unusual or non-compliant information.
* Authorizes all expense items such as making deposits, transfering funds, assigning expenses within areas of responsibility. Works with ancillary areas such as A/P, HR, and Purchasing to ensure receipt of materials and prompt payment or resolution of any issues.
* Coordinates and supports the preparation and production of grant proposals, advises investigators of grant policies, due dates for progress reports, human studied protocols, abstracts, manuals, etc. Prepares budget for submissions and renewals. Works with Financial Analyst to ensure proper communicaton of upcoming grants and proper implementation of new grant information.
* Bachelor's degree required .
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* Two years of grants management, budget preparation, and financial management experience.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf