Research Analyst - Capital Markets Group - Chicago
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Research Analyst - Capital Markets Group - Chicago
Auto Req ID
The office investor research analyst position will lead our data collection analysis and reporting on the office market as part of the Americas research department.
This analyst will work on a team of designated investor research analysts, each specializing in different property types, with the objective of providing cross-functional support within the team to ensure consistency across property types. The goal is to create and maintain best in class research that differentiates JLL and drives a competitive advantage in the marketplace through market expertise, analysis and insight.
This position will work closely with a growing team of office investment experts throughout all JLL offices in the US. This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking to develop an advanced platform of real estate investments and market fundamentals as a member of the commercial real estate industry s leading service platform.
* Execute the overall capital markets research plan for the office sector that aligns with Americas research plans and overall business objectives
* Collaborate at a high level with senior business leadership to execute the research plan
* Maintain extensive knowledge of the macro and micro factors affecting the office investment marketplace and proactively position research to leverage this knowledge for the business and for clients
* Work with marketing teams and business leaders to position research to contribute to the business development efforts
* Understand and manage key resources, data vendors, and available technology
* Provide cross-functional support across property types (e.g., office, industrial, retail, multifamily) within the investor research team
* Execute the statistical and analytical analysis of relevant US office property markets
* Track and analyze supply and demand fundamentals, leasing comparables, sales and financing activity, and investor and lender characteristics
* Track and analyze underlying economic, demographic, financial, and regulatory trends that could impact office property performance or investment
* Articulate in a compelling way market trends and insights internally and externally in written reports and live presentations
* Produce national office capital markets research reports and coordinate activities with local office experts
* Develop and share best practice standards for the office sector across the Americas Research Group
* Develop strong relationships with internal and external clients and facilitate the use of research as a differentiator
* Develop white paper reports on key trends, issues affecting the market
* Contribute to public relations initiatives to help build recognition for JLL s office sales platform
* Proactively leverage local market personnel to enhance knowledge and gather critical information
* Collaborate with capital markets research specialty team to provide on-going support across property types and regions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor s degree in business, economics or related field required
* One or more years in commercial real estate research or closely related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Solid working knowledge of office real estate dynamics including macro trends and historical perspective
* Strong analytical skills, problem solving ability, and written and oral communication skills
* Experience managing workload and report production
* Presentation skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external clients at all levels
* Ability to effectively and professionally meet client expectations and positively represent the firm
* Ability to multi-task, succeed under pressure and effectively manage time and workload
* Proactive thinking and ability to lead research initiatives in alignment with business objectives
* An advanced command of requisite technology including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other database systems
* Motivated and self-starting with a desire to succeed and contribute to the success of a team
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative and driven professional environment
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43315BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s