This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 5/5/2017
Child Care Resource Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Posting
Want to work for a non-profit agency which believes in team work, having fun and achieving success* If so, CCRC could be the right place for you!
You could play a key role through a proven track record of program evaluation and assessment experience by using your skills to support and make recommendations for program improvements for grant funded programs.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Manager, the Research Analyst is responsible for data collection and preparation, ensuring quality data, basic data analysis and reporting, and providing technical assistance regarding data.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED:
* BA degree required in Education, Human Development, Social Sciences, Communication, Public Policy, Mathematics, or other related fields with coursework in statistics and research methods plus a minimum of one year organizational / project experience involving program and or outcome evaluation, survey/protocol development, data collection, and management or an equivalent amount of combined education and experience to perform the duties as described.
* Significant knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and general office procedures required.
* Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods / program evaluation required.
* Demonstrated experience in statistical analysis including quantitative analysis skills in SPSS preferred.
* Knowledge of the Early Education field including subsidized child care and Early Head Start preferred.
* Knowledge of evaluation tools/measures that are common to the Early Education field preferred.
* Strong organizational and time / project management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines efficiently and accurately.
* Ability to anticipate challenges and identify appropriate solutions.
* Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent ability to effectively and diplomatically work with a diverse population of clients and customers; creating positive atmosphere and approach, as well as creating a positive experience for agency staff, management, and clientele at all times.
* Must possess a high level of customer service skill to positively interact with partners even during stressful or challenging circumstances.
* Ability to implement qualitative and/or quantitative forms of data collection with linguistically and/or culturally diverse populations.
* Ability to thoughtfully balance program and evaluation needs and interests.
* Ability to coordinate data collection from staff outside of the department or agency.
* Ability to honor confidentiality required.
* Spanish language fluency (written and spoken) preferred.
* Ability to travel to meetings in Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties required.
*Automobile, California Driver s License and auto liability insurance required.
KEYS AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE THE ABILITY TO:
* DATA COLLECTION AND DATA QUALITY: Conduct data collection activities; conduct quality assurance of data and utilize data cleaning techniques; provide technical assistance and training to others to ensure data quality is high
* REPORTING: Produce basic data reports to identify areas that need improvement/are not on track with milestones and communicate to the Senior Analyst; make recommendations about improving data quality; utilize data to respond to ad hoc information requests; provide support to Senior Analyst by conducting basic data analyses and writing sections of reports.
* ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: Prepare business documents with high level of quality; perform administrative functions such as mileage and expense reports and copying.
* COMMITTEE AND GROUP PARTICIPATION: Actively participate in internal and external meeting, trainings, committees to increase knowledge and to spread knowledge.
CCRC is a one of the largest and widely respected non-profits in California. We cultivate child, family and community well-being through our creative, informative and supportive programs and services. Our 700+ member team serves over 35,000 children and families each month in Northern Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties.
CCRC offers a comprehensive employee benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Long Term Disability insurance, 403(b) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays including Winter Break, Paid Time Off, plus many other supplemental benefits such as, Credit Union membership and Professional Development Opportunities.
CCRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.