Research Analyst Intern
Research Analyst Intern
Auto Req ID
About JLL Research
JLL s research team delivers intelligence, analysis and insight through market-leading reports and services that illuminate today s commercial real estate dynamics and identify tomorrow s challenges and opportunities. Our more than 400 global research professionals track and analyze economic and property trends and forecast future conditions in over 60 countries, producing unrivalled local and global perspectives. Our research and expertise, fueled by real-time information and innovative thinking around the world, creates a competitive advantage for our clients and drives successful strategies and optimal real estate decisions.
The Research Analyst Intern position will contribute to best in class research that differentiates JLL while building and maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace through market expertise, analysis, and insight. The analyst will have primary responsibility for tracking and analyzing all aspects of the local commercial real estate market and leveraging that knowledge proactively for research products, client projects, and business development efforts.
This position will have geographic responsibility for the Cleveland-Akron metropolitan area and will work closely with brokerage professionals in the Cleveland office as well as colleagues throughout the Great Lakes region.
This is a paid internship beginning in October of 2016. The internship length is estimated at six months but could be extended based on performance. The position has been budgeted for 10 to 20 hours per week and could be increased to during academic breaks. All applicable technology will be provided, including a laptop. A workstation will be assigned to the intern at JLL s downtown Cleveland office located at 127 Public Square.
* Continually develop, enhance and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets
* Proactively deliver information and insights on market activity, conditions, trends, and forecasts
* Expand the research platform including processes and products that positively impact the business
* Develop strong relationships with internal and external clients and facilitate the use of research as a differentiator
* Work with marketing teams and business leaders to position research to contribute to the business development efforts
* Develop and leverage relationships with research counterparts at other local commercial real estate firms
* Contribute to the quarterly market statistics process, including collection, verification and final analysis
* Create, write, analyze and edit quarterly reports for the Columbus market
* Contribute effectively to all national or regional research reports with specified local market content
* Respond to all internal and external clients requests for data and information
* Track, maintain, and disseminate detailed data for critical indicators including lease and sales comparables, development pipelines, and active tenants in the market
* Analyze and report on the local and regional economy with respect to employment statistics, major company activity, industry trends, and demographics that affect the local real estate market
* Contribute to special research reports and white papers on unique market or industry trends
* Attend all relevant sales or business team meetings and actively contribute local or national research insights
EDUCATION AND experience
* Bachelor s level coursework in business, economics, or related field required
* Masters level coursework in urban planning, real estate development, finance, or related field preferred
* One year of professional experience required. Prior internships totaling one year will be considered
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Basic understanding of real estate markets and dedication to learning local markets and business
* Proficiency with the following software programs: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Solid written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and ability to process and analyze data
* Ability to effectively and professionally meet client expectations and positively represent the firm
* Ability to multi-task, succeed under pressure, and effectively manage time and workload
* Motivated and self-starting with a desire to succeed and contribute to the success of a team
* A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 44062BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best