Research Analyst 3
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Las Cruces, NM
JOB DESCRIPTIONResearch Analyst 3Job ID:
Research Analyst III Req ID:
CN20160609-13921 Work Location:
Las Cruces, NMJob Description:Harris Corporation is the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) prime contractor for the Space Communications Network Services (SCNS) contract with NASA. This position is responsible for generating Tracking and Data Relay Satellite (TDRS) Space Network (SN) operational performance metrics. NASA's TDRS system provides communications to and from independent 'User Platforms' such as satellites, balloons, Launch Vehicles, and the International Space Station. The candidate acts as the White Sands Complex (WSC) focal point for TDRS SN Operation system metrics and analysis. WSC data for the SN comes from a variety sources pertaining to the ground and space systems that are not integrated. The candidate will act as the WSC data architect responsible for ensuring the operational metrics of the ground station are supported by sound data architecture; this includes databases, data integration and the means to get to the data. The candidate is a member of the SCNS program management staff, reporting to the Mission Assurance Manager.Responsibilities:* Observation of the SN system in operation to gather and analyze metrics data about components or part of the SN and/or ground systems from a different sources across the WSC that are not integrated
* Prepare management metrics and reports describing SN operational performance and independently defining and evaluating problems and recommend solutions
* Analyze information obtained from Department Managers across SCNS in order to conceptualize and define their metrics and analysis needs
* Investigate and reconcile data discrepancies to ensure reports correctness
* Collect, compile and analyze data to create reports new, unique reports requested by the customer based on its needs, as required
* Update and/or generate, on a timely manner, reports and graphs of service(s) provided to customer (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannually, etc.)
* Improve or propose improvements to data collection methods and/or data analyses
* Retrieve, store and manipulate data from systems or databases to calculate metric results
* Perform data analysis using advanced statistical tools:
ANOVA, ANOM, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, statistical process control (SPC) charts, etc.
* Utilize sound, efficient/effective and innovative data retrieval methods-database development, queries, macros, programming, etc.-to obtain/export required dataRequired Experience:* Bachelor's degree or higher in technical field (Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, etc.)
* 6 or more years of experience in related field
* Demonstrated experience using analysis and visualization tools such as MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, SAS, SOFA Statistics, MatLab, R, Tableau, Minitab, etc.* Experience writing technical reports and presenting to senior level management* Ability to work effectively with different levels of the organization (managers, supervisors, hourly associates, etc.)
* Proven experience in performing Data Architecture and superior data extraction responsibilities in an IT environment
* Proficient in MS Office:
Excel (emphasis on pivot tables, macros and visual basic coding), Access, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher, etc.
* Competent in database development and/or related programming for effectively and efficiently generate graphs, import, store and export data for further analysis
* Knowledgeable in advanced statistical tools:
ANOVA, ANOM, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, SPC charts, etc.
* This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.Desired Skills:* 6 or more years of experience as an operations research analyst in an IT or space systems environment.
* 6 or more years of satellite mission operations or satellite ground system experience.
* TDRS satellite mission operation, satellite ground systems, and satellite mission operations.
* Data Management Association (DAMA) recognized Certified Data Management Professional.
* Six Sigma black belt, preferably, or green belt.Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - NM - Las Cruces .